[atv/ubuntu] Audio Question - Multiple Outputs
Hello kind folks!

I've spent most of the last couple of days/nights setting my apple tv up using davilla's excellent HOWTO.

I now have XBMC running fine, and I have to say it seems far more responsive. Plus I know have a full set of keys available on my harmony remote!

Anyway, back on topic... I have followed the HOWTO to the book and have the audio coming through HDMI. That would be fine but it is not ideal for my set up.

I am greedy and would like sound through the HDMI (importantly for movies), Optical Out and (most importantly for music) the analog stereo out! Definitely the HDMI and Analog would be perfect.

I'm not sure if this is something that is easy to achieve? It is beyond me - All outputs are on and up to 100 in alsamixer. I've had a play with the settings in XBMC but no luck so far.

I would really appreciate it if someone in the know could shed some light!!Big Grin
You can't have sound going out all these devices all at once. ATM I presume it's set for HDMI (plughw:0,3)?. I haven't got optical IN to check but setting to IEC958 should do the trick for optical. As for RCA, that works for me OOB with ALSA 1.0.19.
Indeed i've managed to get sound through the optical by changing the output to IEC958

The RCA output isn't working at all. I'm running ALSA 1.0.19 as per the HOWTO

Now that I think of it, I only need to have the HDMI and the RCA output working. So this should be possible?

What about the other settings in the Audio settings menu?
mcjimbob Wrote:Plus I know have a full set of keys available on my harmony remote!
:

Could you please explain to me how you managed to do this? Im using Sam.Nazarko´s USB image.
feikenberg Wrote:Could you please explain to me how you managed to do this? Im using Sam.Nazarko´s USB image.

Hmm, I didn't use the USB image, I used davilla's howto but..

Firstly, I set up the remote as a plex player. In the harmony software, add device, choose Computer->media center pc then plex for the manufacturer and type Plex Player.

Then at the step in the HOWTO that deals with atvclient, I downloaded the patch file that has been created (it's in one of the threads below but since I'm on my iPhone here, I can't get te link for u). I added the new file to the atvclient folder before compiling and installing and it just worked first time.

I'm not sure how u would do that for the USB image version.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get the RCA output working tomorrow - still no joy so far.
OK, i'm getting nowhere with this issue!

I am now finding some odd behaviour with the sound in general.

When I change the Output, it no longer seems to make any difference and I am not getting sound through HDMI at all anymore.

The strange thing is that all the menu sounds are working through the optical and the RCAs regardless of which output I select, but I get no sound at all if I am playing music or a movie.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I go from here?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[atv/ubuntu] Audio Question - Multiple Outputs0