Is it network playing trick?
Hi guys,

This is an issue for me for long time, which I'm trying to figure out but no joy so far. The problem is: Music cuts off time to time, which driving me crazy ever since. I have a gigabit network and all my stuff on an Apple Time Capsule. The drive is permanently mounted on the XBMC box using "cifs" and I send audio to the A/V receiver over HDMI. Everything works just fine expect the "Music" playback, which gets interrupted (stops and automatically starts) for a short while time to to time. Even worse, if I update the Library and play music at the same time - it doesn't play at all until "scanning to library" operation is finished. But if I play internet radio, it never gets stuck, even if I update the library at the same time. That made/makes me thinking it's a home network problem, but the video (.iso movies, TV shows etc. - all on the same TC) playback is absolutely fine. Also, the same drive (i.e. the TC) shared across another three computers over the network, where music play without any interruption of any kind.

Anyone experiencing the same problem as me? I really appreciate if anyone come forward and shade some light on it. Let me know if there are an other info you may wanna know. Thanks a lot in advance for your time. Cheers!!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
Anyone, can give me any suggestion on this pls? I can confirm that I can't scan and play music at the same time - it stops playing music immediately if I start updating library whilst playing. Is it a feature or am I getting something seriously wrong somewhere? Can anyone please help? Cheers!!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
I'll give the answer to my own question, just for the future reference: It wasn't the network but the library. When I thrashed the music database and recreate one, 50% of my problem were gone. Another thing was the <resample></resample> value in the advancesettings.xml - I put 192000 for some testing (and forgot about it). Changing it to 48000 brought every thing back in normal, well almost. cheers!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it network playing trick?0