XBMC on Ubuntu 32 bit or Ubuntu 64?
Well, the question is in the name of the topic - is there any difference in performance of XBMC installed on Ubuntu 32 bit or Ubuntu 64 bit? Or maybe some drawbacks of using Ubuntu 64 bit with XBMC?
I ran on Karmic 64bit for awhile, but when upgrading to Lucid, I decided to go with 32bit. The main reason was that there is better emulation support on 32bit, and I really wanted to do have a whole media/emulation setup. Generally, I have not noticed any significant performance differences.

Cheers...
webmosher Wrote:I ran on Karmic 64bit for awhile, but when upgrading to Lucid, I decided to go with 32bit. The main reason was that there is better emulation support on 32bit, and I really wanted to do have a whole media/emulation setup. Generally, I have not noticed any significant performance differences.

Cheers...

Hm...sorry, I did not understand. What kind of emulation?
Unless you have very specific needs, go with a 64-bit installation if you have 64-bit software. You get better memory support, better optimizations. This is not limited to expensive hardware. Several ION boards support 64-bit extensions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Ubuntu 32 bit or Ubuntu 64?0