• 6(current)
Release: Xperience 1.1 UI for XBMC Dharma (Now available via XBMC SVN)
Or choose different fanart...
tophe323 Wrote:Hi,

Great skin !
Is it possible to have the backdrops resized to the window displaying the info ?
(instead of the backdrop having the full-res size and showing up cropped)

Been using Xperience since its release and got to admit this was one of the only little niggles I had but forgot all about it thanks for reminding me Eek

I just changed mine I'll post the files if XBMCG33K doesn't have a problem with me doing so only difference if you want the full fanart image at the correct aspect it cant cover the full panel that's its only drawback but due to its layout it still looks ok to me

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6384/...panel2.png
I don't mind mate. The more mods the merrier.
I just installed Xperience 1.1 on dharma-beta4 clean install through the addon repository. Everything looks great except the home screen icon for movies is not displaying correctly. Please look at the following screenshot for a reference.

What platform are you running xbmc on?
Delete please
I've got the big blue arrow showing up on 'Movies' as well. Dharma 4, Xperience 1.1, Windows 7 32 bit.
Discussing it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?got...st&t=85548 no idea why this problem exists.
With the cropped heads - is it not possible to crop the bottom of the image rather than the top and bottom? Most fanart would look better with the bottom chopped more and the top chopped none I'd imagine. Maybe it could be an option?

Also I just installed this yesterday from the SVN repo on Dharma beta4 on linux and the movie icon is fine for me.
Delete Please
>>X<<' Wrote:Are you referring to the fanart panel in TV shows because what do you think I did in the fix for this in my post above ?

Well, according the the image you posted here, I see one version which still chops the head off, and one version which resizes the fanart so that it fits better, but prevents it from flowing under the menu (which is actually my personal preference). My suggestion for another option would be to do all of the chopping from the bottom of the fanart and none from the top. I'd imagine that for the majority of the fanart this would look better than chopping the top, even a little bit.

However like I said, my personal preference is your second version in which the fanart is simply scaled down. I'd rather have that than have any chopping.
Delete Please
This seems perfectly clear to me so I'm not sure what the problem is with making myself understood. Let me try again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently, by default, the fanart is fitted to the panel horizontally. Due to the differences in aspect ratio between the panel and the fanart, the top and bottoms are trimmed to fit the panel.

My suggestion is to still fit the fanart horizontally in this way, but rather than trimming from the top and bottom, just trim from the bottom.

Perhaps these images will explain it better (please excuse the hurried photoshopping). The top one shows the cropped image, and the second one highlights the area that was trimmed to achieve the result. The image is not stretched; just scaled down to fit horizontally then cropped as shown.

Which is what I did except for about 20 pixels at the top (which is nothing) because that looks fine on the right posters but people cut off at the thighs on others looked stupid
I said pretty clearly that it's my personal preference that the bottom is trimmed. I'd rather have missing legs than missing heads. Others may not agree, which was why I also suggested making it an option. It seems a perfectly reasonable suggestion so I don't really see why you are so upset over it. I also don't see what difference taking 20px from the top makes either tbh. As you say yourself, 20px is nothing so I don't understand why you think that would mitigate the removal of thighs. It seems to me that you just want to argue though, so I'll leave it there, I think I've explained myself well enough for most people to understand.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release: Xperience 1.1 UI for XBMC Dharma (Now available via XBMC SVN)0