• 7(current)
Acer Revo R3610 ?
You could always try but I think you still need a fan to create a airflow.

BTW. If you like I could send you the heatsink, just remember that you have a lot of cutting to do. If you don't shorten the pins and cut a hole in the cover box I think you could maybe let it work without a fan...

Normally this heatsink looks like this.

Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
yeah it will definitely be a good heat sink for me Big Grin
I'll try 1st as fanless and will see after running 1080P for few times if everything is OK .
PM me to tell me how to get it here ! heat sink neeeeeed xD
OK pm me your address and I will ship it to you Wink

One advice use the thermal tape from the old heatsink for this one so the hight of the surface will be the same for both Chips. But I think you will figure this out yourself Wink

Greetings,
Roelio
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
got the heat sink Big Grin
already done the holes
will send pictures once everything is done
thanks again Roelio ! ! ! !
Roelio Wrote:You could always try but I think you still need a fan to create a airflow.

BTW. If you like I could send you the heatsink, just remember that you have a lot of cutting to do. If you don't shorten the pins and cut a hole in the cover box I think you could maybe let it work without a fan...

Normally this heatsink looks like this.

Sorry for bringing an old thread back. Just wanted to ask where to get the heatsink from.

I've been trying to look for one and been googling but can't find that same heatsink.

Sir Roelio, do you still have some heatsink lying around?
Roelio Wrote:Thanks guys I'm getting CPU/GPU 48/43 after 30 minutes of Avatar. (40GB version)
Also it's completely silence now with the Sharkoon Silent Eagle SE. That was the reason for me to mod it.
The passive cooler is from a old Wyse Citrix client and needed a lot of cutting before it fitted in.

I'm using a Class 10 SD card and removed the internal HD and wireless module to reduce heat.

Hi,

Nice solution Roelio.

I have an R3600 which has become rather noisy - I've removed the stock fan and lashed up a standard 80mm fan positioned just like your solution but temporaily on a piece of cardboard sucking air out. I'm happy with the results - lower fan noise and temps. BUT I don't know where to pick up the power from the main board. The R3600 fan connector only supplies 5V, I'd like to use a little higher voltage - I'm currently using a seperate PSU to power the temporary fan - any ideas ?

I know you can get Fans to work at 5V but there are issues.
peekeesh Wrote:Sorry for bringing an old thread back. Just wanted to ask where to get the heatsink from.

I've been trying to look for one and been googling but can't find that same heatsink.

Sir Roelio, do you still have some heatsink lying around?

Sorry I subscribed to this tread but didn't got a message untill Kevjames made a post..

I still have some spare heat-sinks so just give me a call Big Grin

@kevjames

Yeah I was hoping to find away to get the power from the Revo myself but failed... The 5 volt from fan or USB is not enough to power it up... I was hoping that I could use the SATA power connector because that has 12V supply but what ever I tried I could not get power....

Now I'm thinking of it again could it be the reason it doesn't give 12v because it only supports 2.5 " HD's that working on the red 5V ?
Roelio Wrote:... Yeah I was hoping to find away to get the power from the Revo myself but failed ...

So I assume you used a separate supply?

I'm going to use the main 19V DC supply point (underneath the power jack) and drop resistors.

BTW I see no need to replace the stock heatsink, with that and the HDD in-situ, a standard 80mm fan sucking air out achieves lower fan noise and max temps of CPU 52C, GPU 43C and Remote-2 36C running IntelBurnTest or 1080p rips.

The stock fan kept ramping up noisily to keep CPU/GPU temps < 60C, whilst Remote-2 sensor always seemed to register 62C!

All temps measured by the same latest SpeedFan utility.

I'm going to buy a 120mm fan and use that for the final solution - should give me the best airflow/noise performance - don't care about looks.
Haha good work Smile I use a external power supply yes. I myself just like to hobby so that's why I tried to make a new passive cooler. Also I was hoping that that alone would be enough to cool the CPU/GPU. to bad the air flow was to low when it was standing horizontal.

Looking forward to some pictures.
Has anyone tried installing 4gb of ram on a 64bit install? I have a 3610 running dharma with skin Night ontop of win7 64bit. I have all extras/eye candy disable in win7 and it still seems to be abit sluggish at times. File playback is flawless, just having interface delay.
Restricted memory is unlikely to be the reason for this. It's more likely to be disk speed and the CPU overhead of processing all the graphics. Some of the heavier skins do make Atom processors sweat a bit.

JR
dsimages Wrote:Has anyone tried installing 4gb of ram on a 64bit install? I have a 3610 running dharma with skin Night ontop of win7 64bit. I have all extras/eye candy disable in win7 and it still seems to be abit sluggish at times. File playback is flawless, just having interface delay.

Try dds fanart.

Normal fanart takes about 1/2 sec or 1 sec to load on my Revo 3610. Which makes scrolling seem a little sluggish.

dds fanart makes it instant, literally no delay at all.
voochi Wrote:Try dds fanart.

A little something like this?

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <
useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</
advancedsettings

Pulled this off of the wiki for anyone who wants to know. I will give this a shot..
Thanks for the heads up.
dsimages Wrote:A little something like this?

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <
useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</
advancedsettings

Pulled this off of the wiki for anyone who wants to know. I will give this a shot..
Thanks for the heads up.

Yes there is a big thread with all the information but basically you need to create the advancedsettings.xml (if you havent created it already) and add those lines.

In future XBMC will then create a dds version of each fanart that has been displayed on screen. It takes a couple of minutes for each one because the Atom processor is so slow. But over time as you browse the library it will gradually create them all.

If you want to do it quicker you can batch convert them using some utility.
On the latest nightlies I have noticed a huge speed increase on my Revo. Is this due to dds fanart? I've not enabled the dirty regions or whatever the new feature is.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo R3610 ?1