• 6(current)
Acer Revo R3610 ?
^^ Interesting. I tried using Paragon Drive Utilities last night and it kept spitting out 6GB backups for one XBMC install! I'm going to give clonezilla a try now.
Keep in mind that my image contains three bare installs. Meaning no library or thumbnails folder. I imagine fanart for a large movie collection would be substantial.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
hmmmmm.... You are right! I didnt think about that. I wish removing the revo's hard drive wasn't such a PITA. I'll just connect another hard drive via the e-SATA port and do a fresh install there, which I'll use to create the image.
Thanks guys I'm getting CPU/GPU 48/43 after 30 minutes of Avatar. (40GB version)
Also it's completely silence now with the Sharkoon Silent Eagle SE. That was the reason for me to mod it.
The passive cooler is from a old Wyse Citrix client and needed a lot of cutting before it fitted in.

I'm using a Class 10 SD card and removed the internal HD and wireless module to reduce heat.

Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
WOW! Extremely impressive. I an not sure I'd want a fan like that stuck to the revo however Tongue

Any reason you want it to be so cool?
No particular reason, just wanted it to be completely silent.
Kinda never expected it would work so well and get so much better cooling even if I turn the Fan speed on the lowest setting Big Grin
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
Hi!

I recently bought the Revo 3610 and for now I'm using MediaPortal on the Windows 7 HP that came pre-installed on my Revo, but I decided to try Ubuntu + XBMC.
I installed it to a USB stick and it works pretty well (Ubuntu itself is a little sluggish, probably because of the cheap, slow pendrive it's installed on, but movies play really well with VDPAU), however I'm not a linux guy and setting up the OS to utilize the full potential of the Revo kinda scares me Wink

Has someone already posted a partition image with a fully setup XBMC? I read the thread and harryzimm was talking about posting his, but I don't think he actually posted a link?

Also, would it be possible for someone to post an image of their partition with OSX install?
I was actually supposed to post up an image but RL got in the way. I will try to get it done soon. hopefully gribbler will forgive me Smile I'm still looking for an image with OSX on it also.

If you would like to do the install yourself, just follow the steps using the XBMCFreak installation USB. There is an option to install to hard drive. Simple as pie.
Yes I forgive you both - neither of you uploaded.. sheesh. Smile
Yeah sorry, my upload speed is pathetic. The osx image was like 8gb, it would take days to upload. Im still playing with an ubuntu image, trying to get it as small as possible. I will post it but i might as well wait for dharma now.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
you can toss it in the post if you like
Roelio Wrote:Thanks guys I'm getting CPU/GPU 48/43 after 30 minutes of Avatar. (40GB version)
Also it's completely silence now with the Sharkoon Silent Eagle SE. That was the reason for me to mod it.
The passive cooler is from a old Wyse Citrix client and needed a lot of cutting before it fitted in.

I'm using a Class 10 SD card and removed the internal HD and wireless module to reduce heat.

amazing job, already PM you or anyone here to find the same heat sink !
anybody got idea will be good for me Big Grin
someone showed me this for the little chip ( presume it's north bridge or somethin' )
http://www.grosbill.com/4-zalman_de_chip...eur_tuning

and this for CPU :

http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Composants/R...39-AM2.htm

with both i'll have a complete passive cooling system but don't have any idea on how to fix it whatever solution I'm choosng !
No
@clovis86

That was the same idea I had, but making those fit will be hard I guess.. But you could always try Big Grin
The main reason I used that Wyse 902163-01L heatsink was that I could manually drill mounting holes.

I talked with my supplier in Den Haag and he will send me two broken Wyse clients so if you like I could send you a heatsink from it Big Grin

Greetings,
Roelio
woah définitely Roelio !
I would really appreciate it !
I'll send you a PM Big Grin
I also found a way to put my current ubuntu 10.04 from HDD to SDHC : using Remastersys !
Roelio, if I put both of this :
http://www.materiel.net/radiateur-pour-c...html#carac
without cuting them and cutting the cover of the box, it should be in-of for the complete passive system ? ( both cpu and north bridge )
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo R3610 ?1