using SQLite
Hi there,

Is there anyway SQLite command line interface can be used to access the Library database? If I try, I get an error: "file is encrypted or is not a database". I use MySQL as everyday basis but never used SQLite before. Am I doing extremely stupid thing? Cheers!!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
yes, you can use sqlite3 to read the db. however, i'd recommend fetching the sqlitebrowser package.
Thanks spiff; I've downloaded both but it looks like it will take a little while for me to get familiar with the SQL GUI. I yet to figure out how to "sort" table in the GUI.

Previously I installed "sqlite" which didn't work with XBMC database. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
.. you can switch xbmc to use a mysql database, then use "mysql" or something on cli.
There´s also a nice SQLite-"Browser" as a firefox addon.
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
I got almost nothing on the box apart from the XBMC and the dependent/related packages; its a XBMCbuntu, hence no [gnome] desktop or firefox etc. I've no problem with SQLite being used by XBMC; I was just wondering if I can access the database the normal I do with MySQL.
sqlite3 <db-name> does work bit show tables; doesn't work, as a start. Still trying though....... Cheers!!!
when you run sqlite3 <name_of_database> then it tells you to do .help for help.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
using SQLite0