[LIVE] Can't edit remote.xml
So I need to remap a button on my remote because it turns on my Xbox 360 and its annoying the hell out of me. I managed to FTP into the folder, but I can't edit it or replace it with a edited copy. Its giving me a error message about not having permission.

I know its probably something simple, but I can't figure it out.

thanks
don't edit the system file. copy it ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps folder, then edit it.
spiff Wrote:don't edit the system file. copy it ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps folder, then edit it.

Ok, so copy to my computer then FTP it back? Or put a copy in ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps folder then edit that?

Thanks
BORIStheBLADE Wrote:So I need to remap a button on my remote because it turns on my Xbox 360 and its annoying the hell out of me.

it's easier to just disable this in the xbox360 system settings

AFAIR you can tell the RRODbox to only switch on when the xbox MCE remote is used (slightly different IR code) and not with any MCE-compatible remote
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:it's easier to just disable this in the xbox360 system settings

AFAIR you can tell the RRODbox to only switch on when the xbox MCE remote is used (slightly different IR code) and not with any MCE-compatible remote

I'll turn on the 360 and see if there is any settings to do this.
thanks
Looks like it worked.
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Can't edit remote.xml0