Clear all and rescan
Hi,

Is there a way to clear all metadata/images from the db and do a rescan. I've just installed Ember Media Manager, when I make changes in Ember I need a way for XBMC to pick them up. I know i can delete the *.db file but this seems a bit long winded. Is there an easier way

cheers Big Grin
Have to second this one, when you set up XBMC it needs a location for it to scrape, and a scraper such as IMDB or others.

Currently I am having to go through 1500 plus movies and TV Shows editing to get my movie collection how I like it.

If when XBMC 10.5 comes out, and you need to do fresh installs etc etc, then this is obviously going to take a very long while to set up again.

If it could actually scrape a local hard drive location for nfo files already there, then that would save one hell of a lot of time.

Regards

Mark
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
I thought that export library did then and then just import it back in?
Abe Froman Wrote:I thought that export library did then and then just import it back in?

Dunno, that's what I'm asking really, what is the correct method of clear/rescan
dave77 Wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to clear all metadata/images from the db and do a rescan. I've just installed Ember Media Manager, when I make changes in Ember I need a way for XBMC to pick them up. I know i can delete the *.db file but this seems a bit long winded. Is there an easier way

cheers Big Grin

I've been using XBMC/Ember for a while and it seems to pick up all the changes when it starts up or if i do a Clean Database.

My assumption is that its reading the .nfo files and updating its db as necessary.
MarkTaunton Wrote:Have to second this one, when you set up XBMC it needs a location for it to scrape, and a scraper such as IMDB or others.

Currently I am having to go through 1500 plus movies and TV Shows editing to get my movie collection how I like it.

If when XBMC 10.5 comes out, and you need to do fresh installs etc etc, then this is obviously going to take a very long while to set up again.

If it could actually scrape a local hard drive location for nfo files already there, then that would save one hell of a lot of time.

Regards

Mark

Have you tried one of the programs like Ember?

You can go through each movie you have and set it up the way you like. It then saves all the files with your movies so when XBMC scan it uses those files. Its faster than letting XBMC do the scraping.
garthus Wrote:I've been using XBMC/Ember for a while and it seems to pick up all the changes when it starts up or if i do a Clean Database.

My assumption is that its reading the .nfo files and updating its db as necessary.

Do you mean XBMC picks up nfo files and images when you make changes with Ember after XBMC has scanned the movie? It shouldn't do according to Ember faq and doesn't do on mine.

Once XBMC has scanned a movie, any changes I do in Ember aren't picker up

Where is the "Clean Database" function?
MarkTaunton Wrote:Have to second this one, when you set up XBMC it needs a location for it to scrape, and a scraper such as IMDB or others.

Regards

Mark

All possible already just export your library to separate files, even better just copy you database and thumbnails folder from userdata

dave77 Wrote:Hi,

cheers Big Grin

If you already have your media in the database after a scan with XBMC scraper then you start using ember and local files and you only want to update just a few files then you need to use refresh on the info screen

Its much easier to scrape all your files with ember then as you said delete your db and do a full scrape

Your other option if your happy with a lot of your stuff is export your library to separate files this will do the same as ember add nfo, fanart.jpg, folder.jpg to your media they will then be visible in ember update what you want then delete your db and re scrape
>>X<<' Wrote:and you only want to update just a few files then you need to use refresh on the info screen

I think that's what I'm looking for, must have missed that option. So I can update movie fanart via Ember then 'info > refresh' for XBMC to pick up the changes?
dave77 Wrote:I think that's what I'm looking for, must have missed that option. So I can update movie fanart via Ember then 'info > refresh' for XBMC to pick up the changes?

Yes, you could also just remove the ones you update from library then update library

Personally I would still export your library to separate files then ember is in sync with your library in XBMC, although if you have already used ember it would overwrite them so probably not a good idea

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clear all and rescan0