xbmc as musicvideo jukebox ?
Hi
I want to start a project for a music-video Jukebox to use at partys.
Lieke a jukebox people should be able to search the database to search for videos and queue them into a playlist (which they are not able to regroup, but thats not too important).

Now the main feature:

The controls (search,playlist,...) should be displayed on one screen (notebook, touchscreen,....) but the VIDEO itself should be displayes on a different display.

So i would need xbmc to split its control center to one screen and output the video to another screen (where you can only see the video, no controls).
While videos are beeing displayed on the second screen people should be able to search the database and add to the playlist.

Is this possible using xbmc ?
I love the user interface, so it would be wonderful to use xbmc for my project.

Thanks in advance
Tahooma
Actually this sounds like not much more than the web api. You could build a lightweight client that displays the queue and offers the option to add something not already in the queue.
GJones Wrote:Actually this sounds like not much more than the web api. You could build a lightweight client that displays the queue and offers the option to add something not already in the queue.

And depending on how geeky you were, you could set up a webserver on port 80 and just have computers, laptops, iPads around the house to list and queue music.

"If anyone has a request, browse to this on your iPhone"...
This would be a sweet idea.. if I could figure out how to procure tons of music videos.
Well, ok, to be honest i do not know too much about xbmc nor the web frontend.

But i love the frontend of the xbmc windows application.

Isnt is possible to use this one ?

Besides that i produce lots of music videos by recording them from tv Smile

And i am into java, xml and scripting languages as php.
darkscout Wrote:And depending on how geeky you were, you could set up a webserver on port 80 and just have computers, laptops, iPads around the house to list and queue music.

"If anyone has a request, browse to this on your iPhone"...

Yeah, doubting that. I just answer the how...not the why.
Tahooma Wrote:Well, ok, to be honest i do not know too much about xbmc nor the web frontend.

But i love the frontend of the xbmc windows application.

Isnt is possible to use this one ?

Besides that i produce lots of music videos by recording them from tv Smile

And i am into java, xml and scripting languages as php.

Lookup the wep api in the wiki. If you are familiar with javascript, this should be pretty straightforward. You build a custome jukebox page that triggers api calls to XBMC. Tada.
but i would prefer the xbmc desktop application and maybe someone knows a way how to realize this without web frontend...
Tahooma Wrote:but i would prefer the xbmc desktop application and maybe someone knows a way how to realize this without web frontend...

But you'd need a custom skin and a whole lot of other stuff.

JSON is the best way to implement this. You could even use a full screen AIR application or something to interact.
darkscout Wrote:But you'd need a custom skin and a whole lot of other stuff.

JSON is the best way to implement this. You could even use a full screen AIR application or something to interact.

Wouldnt it be the easiest way to somehow tell XBMC to open the selected file in another media player ?

So to only use XBMC as kind of remote interface and display the video in another player...

Could you maybe give me a little "hint to start" how to build an AIR application with XBMC interaction ?

I think i will try to build an FLASH AIR Application and some kind of web application to use with i phones,...
So there would be an client on the notebook / or desktop and also access for all the people in the room

i keep you updated (if interested)

Greets
Tahooma
Tahooma Wrote:Wouldnt it be the easiest way to somehow tell XBMC to open the selected file in another media player ?

So to only use XBMC as kind of remote interface and display the video in another player...

Could you maybe give me a little "hint to start" how to build an AIR application with XBMC interaction ?

I think i will try to build an FLASH AIR Application and some kind of web application to use with i phones,...
So there would be an client on the notebook / or desktop and also access for all the people in the room

i keep you updated (if interested)

Greets
Tahooma

No, it would not be easier to have one XBMC to tell the other what to do.
Why not use YATSE on the touchscreen and have XBMC on the display screen?
Not to take away from XBMC, because I love XBMC...but you may want to check out this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea...ht=jukebox

and this bit of software:

http://www.albumplayer.com/

This fellow built a rather cool touchscreen jukebox. Check it out!

Mark
hey mwkurt.
I am searching for a music VIDEO Jukebox.
The link is a music jukebox, and all the other software stuff i found was also music only...

@Topic:
I love the handle of XBMC, so i would love to Use XBMC as the "remote".
Because displaying the videos on the main screen can be done by nearly every media player out there, the benefit of the superb XBMC UI would be useless Sad
pre1014 Wrote:Why not use YATSE on the touchscreen and have XBMC on the display screen?

hi
This one looks nice, does it support paylists ?
I didnt find any information about this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc as musicvideo jukebox ?0