rss feeds:
hi all,

i don't know whether it is wanted or possible to integrate the rss feature better into xbmc or not. nevertheless i'd like to propose some improvements which might be partly known from the ps3 already. imho the way rss feeds are integrated into the ps3 system is quite nice apart from the fact they can't edit a feedlist and only get what s0ny serves. Big Grin

below i listed some brainstorming ideas/questions:

0. maybe it would be useful if i would provide some mockups?

1. why is the rss editor available as an addon but not directly integrated into xbmc?

2. if the editor would be integrated into xbmc i could imagine to access the editor directly over the homescreen via the rss area and settings menus.

3. an option in the rss area would be useful to select different feeds via a dropdown or sth like that. also this could give the user the possibility to select single feeds or multiple feeds by selecting checkboxes.

4. the scrolling rss entries could be highlightable. while the user enters the rss area single feeds get highlighted. so one could scroll through available rss entries.

5. the scrolling rss entries could be selectable. while the user enters selects a single rss entry there could appear an scrollable overlay in the homescreen showing the entire news article.

6. to get the ideas above done some kind of redesign of the rss area would be necessary. again the solution on the ps3 is partly not the badest. and again i guess some mockups would be useful. Smile

what do you think?

best regards,
einhänder

EDIT': could anybody edit the title of this thread please? my changes only affected the interal titel, but not the one in the thread list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rss feeds:0