Horizontal Lines on Video Playback
Hi Everyone!

Please be easy with me as I am an XBMC newbie!

I have just created a purpose built HTPC running XBMC.

Heres my spec

ASUS M3N78-EMH (HDMI OUT)
AMD Athlon 5400
2gb DDR2 Ram
And a nice Silverstone Grandia GD05 with a imon VFD
Running windows 7 Ultimate

Running Camelot with transparency skin

Everything is working very well and I am very please, however I have an issue with video playback. There seems to be fast horizontal lines flashing on the screen whenever a "fast scene" is happening. The playback is not jerky or anything. I have tried playing with the interlacing options but that hasn't effected anything.

I'm sure there is an easy explanation to this, and, I hope, an easy solution!

Also, I have created a simple program using wget and *location*/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn%28UpdateLibrary%28music%29%29 command to update the music and video library's automatically every couple of hours, however, is their a similar HTML command that can clean the library too?

Thanks in advance

Lewis
Sounds like tearing you need to turn on vsync, go to settings > system and change Vertical Blank Sync to Always Enabled
As >>X<< stated it is probably a vsync issue. If it is already on within XBMC and you are still having the issue try to force it on (or at least make sure it isnt forced off) with your video card's control panel.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Thanks guys

I had a look at V sync in XBMC and it was already enabled.

I changed the Gcard's settings to forced on, however it made no difference.

However, after googling into what tearing is (and from explanations and screenshots, it looks like that is the problem), i realized it was to do with refresh rates. I changed the refresh rate on the Gcard's settings from 60hz to 59hz, and this looks like to of fixed the problem! So thanks for that!

Anyone any ideas on a HTML command to clean xbmc's library?

Thanks again
Hi >>X<<,
who is on your Avatar? is that Windy Miller?
lol

Check my location Wink
Cooool, so how are Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub doing? It has been a while since I last saw them!
>>X<<' Wrote:Sounds like tearing you need to turn on vsync, go to settings > system and change Vertical Blank Sync to Always Enabled

Thanks alot >>x<< that fixed the same problem for me. Such an easy fix for such an annoying problem.
Hi all,

I seem to be having a similar issue, though I'm not running a GPU, as my Intel Core i5 4570 has Intel HD4600 graphics which have so far served as plenty. Any recommendations on this for changing the refresh rate?
I had the same problem, GTX 960. Changing the refresh rate to 59 solved the video problem. Sound and video were out of sync. That problem no longer exists. Just luck, maybe. It works as designed. Very nice.
I'm sure the solution for the op, (date: 2010) after six years has been nailed by a driver update, and subsequent postings. XBMC has long been name changed to Kodi, but the when dealing with graphic engines from various companies, anything that works is a welcome tip/trick to try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizontal Lines on Video Playback0