conditionals...again (plugins)
I have the following problem/question, please bare with me Blush

I use two different listview containers, both with different ID's because of this problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75351.

One of the containers I use for the main content types like movies and tvshows. When this container is in use I have the movie posters, metadata and all that goodness loaded up in MyVideoNav.xml

For files mode I use a different, more simple container where the listview also has a different location on screen and a different <itemlayout>. I also use this container for plugins for multiple reasons too elaborate to explain here. Mainly it has to do with thumbnail quality, dimensions, etc.

To use the last mentioned container for plugins I simply use the conditional stringcompare(container.folderpath,plugin://video/) for the main node and a !IsEmpty(Container.PluginName) for the lower level.
That in itselfs works ok.
However, there are plugins I want to make an exception for. These are plugins that act more like main library content types. Perfect example being the Apple Movie Trailers plugin. That plugin has rich metadata, good quality thumbnails, etc. So I want to use the container I mentioned first for that, the same container that is used for movies and tvshows.

This is where it gets hackery. I have used stringcompares to hardcode exceptions for AMT and exclude various visibility conditions and includes. In short a very ugly way to go about it. It adds a complexity that is very prone to errors. Also, since I have changed to using different ID's for the containers because of the problem described in the link at the beginning of my post this has caused even more things to work around (unsuccessfully to up to now).

So, I guess what this comes down to is this. Is there any way to easily set up a condition that:

a) checks whether a container is listing plugin content
b) and checks what kind of content type is being listed (because if I am correct, the AMT plugins sets the content to movies, whereas other plugins simply use the filemode)

Is there any chance of having a Container.Content(plugins) apply to both the plugins "root" and the plugins within?

I hope my question is somewhat understandable, it's hard to explain without completely explaining the whole thing up to the tiniest detail.

Greetings,
Jeroen
I seem to have tackled this one. Not sure where it went wrong, but I decided to just to scrap all of the conditions and start over afresh completely.
It might be useful if you post what you are using, that way we can assess whether something else is needed in this regard or not.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It might be useful if you post what you are using, that way we can assess whether something else is needed in this regard or not.

Cheers,
Jonathan

What I used to get it working you mean? Well, that's hard to explain. I just decided to scrap all of the conditions I set up and start over. Clean my head basically Wink I think it wasn't working for me because I was used to doing this the way I needed to do it months ago. I coded the main thing a long time ago and I've been out of the loop for some time and probably missed parts of the improvements in xbmc's library.

I still have to finish part of it, so I have yet to convince myself it's working the way I want it to. So probably I'll be nagging you with problems later :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
conditionals...again (plugins)0