Control Video output resolution
I have a Samsung 1080p TV with XBMC on a Acer Revo hocked up via a direct HDMI connection, everything is working fantastically except I have one issue with screen resolution set-up. Basically for my Windows 7 desktop to fit correctly on screen I have had to adjust the NVIDIA settings to be slightly scaled down, the issue I then have is that XBMC will only output video at the scaled down size rather than 1920 x 1080 which my TV will handle. Is there any way to force XBMC to output at 1080p?
Anyone got any thoughts/feedback on this?
If the nvidia drivers are scaling the display down, there's absolutely no way xbmc can make it bigger again.

I would look into the overscan settings on the tv first.
bobo1on1 Wrote:If the nvidia drivers are scaling the display down, there's absolutely no way xbmc can make it bigger again.

I would look into the overscan settings on the tv first.

Did I miss something the latest builds now allow a different full screen resolution to desktop resolution, I just set my desktop to 1024x768 and XBMC to 1680x1050 and it switched fine :confused2:

As long as the OP's screen has a native resolution of 1920x1080 it should work ?
I don't see how those two things are related.
Well by scaled down I thought he meant he was running windows at a lower resolution than the screens native resolution maybe I'm wrong

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Video output resolution0