[LINUX] Newbie Question
Hey all,

I just started using XBMC today and I have a little annoyance I was hoping I could get rid of. I added a folder to the library and I noticed that XBMC puts an empty thumbnail for the up directory ".."

Is it possible to stop it from doing that?
Settings, Appearance, File Lists and untick "Show parent folder items"

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Settings, Appearance, File Lists and untick "Show parent folder items"

JR

Thanks! Is it just me or does XBMC simply show the movies in a file explorer way? I mean when I choose the movie I want by clicking on the cover it goes into it's folder and shows me the file. Shouldn't it simply play the movie?
XBMC has two ways of viewing files, Library mode and File mode. In File mode it behaves just like Explorer, while Library mode is more like the way iPods work and is independant of the file/directory structure. It sounds as if you're in File mode.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library for info on the Library mode. Note that you have to have scanned some films before you can enable Library mode.

JR
Thanks JR. I had it all working before but for some reason I can't get XBMC to go off and scan my folder and retrieve the metadata for all my movies.

Steps I've done:

1. Added Movies folder as source
2. Set content of folder to movies and chose imdb
3. Chose the option run automated scan.
4. Enabled option to update library on startup.

All I get is blank folders. If I choose a movie and click on movie information it will go off and retrieve the metadata which means it works manually.

It's driving me nuts!
I'm afraid I don't know much about the library side of things. You should probably start a new thread specifically for the library problem. Note that you should generate a debug log and pop it on pastebin.com as you'll be asked to provide a log. With a bit of luck the log will show why the automatic scan doesn't work.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Newbie Question0