Help with Command to play a trailer, like on the Movie Info screen with a button.
I am looking for the button code that is used to play a trailer, as is done on the Movie Info dialog.

I am wanting to map a button on my remote using EventGhost, so when I press the button, the trailer for the selected movie in the list is played.

I have tried to figure it out, but can not determine how XBMCis doing it.

- I ran XBMC and played a trailer, then checked the XBMC.Log, no help there...

- I found no button code or commands in the DialogVideoInfo.xml.

I am thinking that XBMC has to use some sort of wild card to look for *-Trailer.* in the folder the movie is located in, as the extension is different most of the time such as .mov, .mpg ect....

Any help is greatly appreciated!
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
You'd need:

1. The infolabel for the trailer - not sure whether there is one or not.
2. To use that together with a PlayMedia() call to play it, eg PlayMedia(ListItem.whatever_gets_you_the_trailer)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

When used in a skin many of us use:
Quote:<ondown>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</ondown>

Taking that and trying to put it into keymap didn't work:
Quote:<end>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</end>

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
is there somewhere in one of the include files that the above code could be put, and called with a button command or something? I manage, but am no expert when figuring out the deep inner workings of XBMC Smile
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
Ok, I tried sending the key sequence I,{up},{Enter} from EventGhost to XBMC, no luck doing it even that sloppy way....

Still hoping there is some solution to this....

You can achieve this by mapping a button to YouTrailer script, e.g.:
Code:
<hash>RunScript(special://home/scripts/YouTrailer/default.py,1)</hash>
I'm using V.0.6 which works perfectly fine for me. The bonus is you will usually also have trailer streamed even if you don't have any associated trailer to that movie in your db (which plays obviously first if there is any) Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Command to play a trailer, like on the Movie Info screen with a button.0