Can't find my computer...
I am new to xbmc and have spent several hours trying to get it to work. Here is my set-up: Atv, Imac w/ external hd, airport extreme. I have been using the apple tv for years and have never had trouble connecting to the network. I just added xbmc and boxee - neither recognizes my network when I go to add/share content. I am connected to the internet with them both - I can see a stream of info on the bottom of xbmc and the weather works fine. It just doesn't show the computer when I "add source > browse" even if I try to "add network location..." Any advise? I even did a factory restore...
Thanks for your time.
bwbojo Wrote:I am new to xbmc and have spent several hours trying to get it to work. Here is my set-up: Atv, Imac w/ external hd, airport extreme. I have been using the apple tv for years and have never had trouble connecting to the network. I just added xbmc and boxee - neither recognizes my network when I go to add/share content. I am connected to the internet with them both - I can see a stream of info on the bottom of xbmc and the weather works fine. It just doesn't show the computer when I "add source > browse" even if I try to "add network location..." Any advise? I even did a factory restore...
Thanks for your time.

hint -> SMB sharing, and if you are running 10.6.x, google for same, 10.6.x has issues with SMB sharing.
Thanks for the hint... I actually now can see a Workgroup folder and then I can find my actual computer name, but can not access or see any other folders/files. Any other hints? Thanks again.
I'm guessing you didn't read up as suggested?

On the mac you need to specifiy which folders you want to share, you do this under file sharing in the preferences. So far you have turned SMB on but not shared anything,
since you are sharing from iMac, I see no reason why you should use SMB. share via AFP. my ATV works like a dream with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't find my computer...0