Linux DTS/AC3 Problem on Ubuntu 13.04 XBMC 12.1
(2014-03-23, 14:44)olejon Wrote: Had the same problem. The video would lag and passthrough audio would not work before seeking (just 10 seconds forward, 10 seconds back again).

Solved it by running XBMC like this:

Code:
pasuspender -- xbmc

And then set both regular audio and passthrough audio to be played over HDMI in XBMC. I did not want to uninstall PulseAudio, so this was the best solution. Another solution is to disable autospawn in PulseAudio, and then kill it with "pulseaudio -k" when starting XBMC and running "pulseaudio --start" when XBMC exits (can be done easily in a shell script), but using pasuspender is way better.

The only problem with this workaround is that it breaks audio in other programs while XBMC is open. Too inconvenient for me, as I tend to keep it running in the background a lot.

Thanks, though. Hopefully AudioEngine and the next version of XBMC will take care of this properly. Until then I'll keep doing a few seeks at the start of each playback in XBMC...
Audio Engine already supports pulseaudio with DTS and AC3 support, so just use it.

Btw. bitstreamaudio is always exclusive. So if you have any other audio running in the background, bitstream passthrough cannot work!

Edit: To be fully clear hear: Starting with Gotham release (v13).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-04-19, 19:55)fritsch Wrote: Audio Engine already supports pulseaudio with DTS and AC3 support, so just use it.

When Gotham is released I will totally do that. Smile
Better test it prior to release ... we are already at beta4. Then chances are high that problems can be ruled out. Make sure to read: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PulseAudio before to configure passthrough correctly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS/AC3 Problem on Ubuntu 13.04 XBMC 12.10