Ronie .. can't install the skin in new builds !!
thank you both and i love that program!
sorry - stupid little question...Huh

i also have some problems installing the transparency-skin. i run a ubuntu-system with xbmc 9.11 r26018. i installed it yesterday, so i think its uptodate.
then i downloaded the transparency-zipfile (2.11) and put it into the usr/shared/xbmc/skin - folder. at the attempt to choose this skin, the system tells me:
"incompatible skin. we require skins of version 2.10 or higher".

ok, then i came across this thread and tried it the other (correct?) way and put the svn-command in the ubuntu-terminal. it downloaded a lot, but after all --> same result. again it need another version.
please, could you tell me, where i make the mistake? i would love to use the tranparency-skin!! Nod
As it said above, are you sure there aren't 2 Transparency! folders that are one inside the other?

If the Transparency folder has a skin.xml file in it, then it should work with 9.11 Camelot and would go in the skin folder within XBMC.
If it has a addon.xml file in it, then you will need a newer, current version of XBMC and would put the skin.transparency folder in the addon folder within XBMC
funny thing... Rofl

thanks for the help, all of these parameters were ok. the problem were the rights of the folders and files. it seems, when you download the skin, the files do not have enough rights. i changed it, so that everything look like the preinstalled skin and now it works.
its not enough to give the main-folder enough rights! you also have to change it in the sub-folders. thats maybe interesting for some linux-users... Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ronie .. can't install the skin in new builds !!0