accessing plugins
Sounds like we need a way to specify "content type" at a finer level than we do have??

eg your addons list really has content type "addons". Root has content type "sources" or "files", the listing of an addon could have content type "folders" or "categories" or something, and finally a listing that shows actual video content could have content type "episodes". Perhaps if we have a suitable list of content types then I can set the appropriate one at each level (or the plugin can)?

I think the aspect ratio of the thumbs is something quite different, as there's no guarantee that within one of those "content types" the aspect ratio of thumbs would be the same at the same level, but perhaps this could be specified by the container as well - not sure.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:eg your addons list really has content type "addons". Root has content type "sources" or "files", the listing of an addon could have content type "folders" or "categories" or something, and finally a listing that shows actual video content could have content type "episodes".
Yup, that sounds right to me.

Quote:I think the aspect ratio of the thumbs is something quite different, as there's no guarantee that within one of those "content types" the aspect ratio of thumbs would be the same at the same level, but perhaps this could be specified by the container as well - not sure.
I think that is of less concern, as with good use of aspectratio aligning this can be taken care of pretty well I think.
I was updating my breadcrumbs and wondered, has anything been added yet to show Addon name yet?
sorry to bump, but just wondering if this is added yet and if so, to what capacity, and with what string to display it?
Only these so far -

Container.Property(addoncategory) Returns the current add-on category
Container.Property(reponame) Returns the current add-on repository name
jmarshall Wrote:...all you care about is "youtube" and perhaps the folder that you're in.)
So any more thoughts on this and whether we'll see something before Dharma?

Thanks.
Hitcher Wrote:So any more thoughts on this and whether we'll see something before Dharma?

Thanks.

I hate to keep harping on about this, but from a general usability perspective its pretty important to let the user know where they are at all times.

Having this added before Dharma final is needed pretty bad IMO.
Hmm, I thought I replied to this yesterday?

The only thing I really want to do at this point is to ensure things like Container.FolderName or whatever is already used elsewhere works in addons. I don't want to add specific stuff only for addons as specific things means you have to do entry-specific skin stuff, which just makes more code for you guys.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

All I'd like is Addon.Name just like Plugin.Name perviously so when you're actually in the addon it's name can be displayed.
Right, but Addon.Name is addon-specific. Perhaps there's a more general thing that would work for getting the "root" of the current view, regardless of how deep you are?

i.e. what is the equivalent of "Addon.Name" for all other source types?

I don't think there is an equivalent. For other parts of the skin I use for example:

Substring(Container.FolderPath,musicdb://1/,Left) or container.content(Actors)
but those parts of the skin are already predefined, with add-ons that wouldn't work since they'd all be different.

If Container.FolderName was used the title would changed based on where you were (ie with Revision3 the name "revision3" wouldn't be constant if you selected a specific show.)

What I'd just want to see is just "Videos>Revision3" or "Videos>Apple Movie Trailers Lite"

If there was a general root path label that would be great for seeing what current year/genre/studio you are viewing movies / tv for.

Something like Movies>Library>Sci-Fi would be nice to see....I tried that using foldername, but that only returns random DB #s
Container.FolderName only returns Video at the list of Add-ons; when you go deeper into the actual Add-ons it returns nothing.

Could Container.FolderPath be used to get the Add-on name by getting it from whatever is returned between video. (or the relevant source) and / ?

ie

plugin://plugin.video.iplayer/
plugin://plugin.video.fox.news/

They obviously stay constant no matter how far into an Add-on you go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
accessing plugins0