Future setup, experienced opinions?
Hello,

If I decide to do this, it'll be my first encounter with XBMC, hence why I need your experienced opinions.

I'm trying to achieve a completely silent and disc less system cause the S-Video just doesn't cut it anymore and this is what I have in mind:

The bandwidth is plenty for this, but I don't want menus and such to be slow and annoying

WatchDirectory is the watchfunction built into rtorrent.
"Monterad" means "Mounted"
"Hemma" means "Home"

Best Regards
LP
How about an Acer Revo ION where you boot from SSD or USB stick
bleze Wrote:How about an Acer Revo ION where you boot from SSD or USB stick

I'm not yet sure what kinda hardware I'll be using, Revo/Asrock/Eeebox, but it'll be booted from a USB stick.
I suggest an SSD over a USB stick. I put an SSD in mine and when it boots in 15 secs it makes it really feel like an appliance.
poofyhairguy Wrote:I suggest an SSD over a USB stick. I put an SSD in mine and when it boots in 15 secs it makes it really feel like an appliance.

and fanart / images / etc... load a damn sight faster
Alright, I'll think of that, thanks.
why type of vpn are you implementing? and why are you doing a vpn between you vps?

I currently have a zotac ion, on gigabit booting from usb, mounting nfs on a NAS. Its all on the same network though. I'm not sure I see the reason for a vpn between the two.

Mine is not silent though. And even with a static ip it seems to hang sometimes on wake. if its up its up, but waking it, takes it a bit to find where it is once i do anything that reads from the nfs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Future setup, experienced opinions?0