[LINUX] Adding movies to library, all get added as the same. Bug?
Edit: Video is now on youtube - silly me for not uploading it there in the first place.

I couldn't really describe this problem with words, so I created a video instead. Screencast software wouldn't work with XBMC (if you know of a free software for linux that will, do tell) so I took out my camcorder instead, so it's not the best. A bit shaky at times since I had to type at the same time, with the keyboard in my lap. Smile

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LkVD3Si2_o

The debug log: http://gist.github.com/451555

I've had this problem on and off for a long while, so it has nothing to do with the changes that have been lately.

If you think you can do without the video, here's an attempt to explain what happens:
I want to add a movie to the library, Gamer for instance. I hit either 'update library','scan for new content' or just hit 'i' while out of library mode in file view. The first two find it automatically, and the third one I have to manually enter the name for it (or atleast tell it which of the search results it should use). I hit enter (or wait, in the first two cases), and this is where the weird stuff happens: it adds it as (I think) the last movie I added to the library before stuff began to go bonkers. So, Gamer becomes Virgin Territory in my case. Same if I add any other movies not in the library, they become Virgin Territory.

I've tried all sorts of settings in the 'set content' dialog, to no avail. I've had this problem in the past, and I can't really pinpoint when it starts to occur. If I delete my library and re-add it, with some particular setting I can't remember right now without doing the process, all is well in the world again. Really annoying. If I bring up the info dialog, I can see that the file path is correct, but the movie has the wrong info. It also plays fine.

Oh, also, when the dialog comes up and asks if I want to refresh info for all items, and I hit yes, all my movies become Virgin Territory, with the thumb and all, I have to remove the source/set it to 'no content'.

What settings are correct to use for the content dialog? I have my folders set up as /path/to/movies/MOVIE_NAME/VIDEO_TS. I guess I want to use folder names for searching, but not recursive. Is this also correct when some of the files are .iso/.img, and some are even rars (/path/to/movies/Movie/movie.rXX etc.)? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. It has worked flawlessly for a while now though.

Any help appreciated!

Perhaps this should be added as a ticket on the trac?

Edit: I tried removing MyVideos34.db, the stuff in Thumbnails/ and rescanned my library. Does nothing, I just get 100+ of the same movie. Also tried removing the source and adding it again, also without positive results.

Edit: Completely removing the .xbmc folder and starting anew works. Will investigate further.
same here on windows7. just installed the rev.31503 with xbmcupdate0.8.0.0.

all movies got the same cover. Strange thing though, I've got multiple movie folders:

one folder with dvd iso's
one folder with bluray x264 rips (each in a different folder).

the folder with dvd iso's loads fine. the bluray folder all has movies with the same cover with a few exceptions.

guess that's the risk of installing a svn build Smile

hope it gets fixed soon. updating all manually with 'i' isn't an option for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Adding movies to library, all get added as the same. Bug?0