Trying to copy font file but permission error
Just got FOXCONN NT-330I.
Installed 2GB RAM and created bootable USB with XBMC Live.
No HDD.

I'm trying to run off from USB and it worked.
Now I need to add some extra font to enable Japanese caption.
I did search and found location where to copy as '..\usr\share\xbmc\media\Fonts\'.

I used filezilla to copy the files but getting an error. Filezilla says no permission error. (used xbmc as id and password)

How can I copy the file?

BTW, I'm not a unix guy so I need help only using Windows.

TIA~
You could try connecting the USB stick to your Windows machine and copy the file onto it that way. If that doesn't work, copy the file to a non-protected folder (such as /home/xbmc) and then using PuTTy to log into the machine and sudo copy the file:

Code:
cd /home/xbmc
sudo cp font.file /usr/share/xbmc/media/fonts/

Most of the root folders on Linux (besides /home) are protected and you need superuser (su) rights to modify/copy/delete, etc. This is why you see so many Linux commands prefixed with "sudo".

Yes, you're providing the right credentials to log into the box, but you haven't told your XBMC box that you're performing the copy function as a sudoer.
Thanks McKeegan,
It worked. Really appreciate the detailed explanation.

Unfortunately, the files are gone after I restart.
I assum it is using the '/live/filesystem.squashfs' file sort of virtual hdd or something.

Any suggestion to keep the font file?
Sorry, you got me there. I've never run a persistent XBMCLive off of USB. I'm sure it can be done, I've just never actually done it myself.

Good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to copy font file but permission error0