VDPAU and xvid
I have been running the current svn and noticed that the green screen error for playing xvid files using the GeForce GT 220 is still present.

I am assuming that this is a vdpau bug that we will probably be stuck with it for a long time.

Is there a way in the advance setting to disable use of vdpau for this codec? I know the fix before required recompiling ffmpeg. I was hoping that in the past months with all the changes, maybe there was a better fix. (It is difficult to ask my wife to go to settings to change this setting depending on what type of codec the file is. I usually don;t remember myself until after I get that horrible screen. If I try waiting it out, xbmc crashes.)

My work around has been to use the last stable release but this will not work once the new release is out (it only works on that one because vdpau was not capable of playing xvids back then with any cards.)
I compiled xbmc from svn the other day, and was going to use the --disable-codec=mpeg4_vdpau option but it didnt exist. Checked for that line in the ocnfig.in file and it looks like its beeing used by default if vdpau is enabled during compile...

So compiling without options enabled vdpau, and xvid works(software) and hd works(vdpau). Cant check revision right now, @ work and htpc shutdown Big Grin

I have an ION on theAton-board im using(gf9300 i think)... Had "green flicker" problem before.. or rather segfault..

But as said, compile from sven without options disabled mpeg4_vdpau decoder, so vdpau works for h264/vc1 and xvid works in software... using "auto" as renderer in xbmc..
I would think that yours was a different issue. I don't believe that the 9300 offered nvidia feature set C support so ffmpeg would not try to play xvid file through vdpau.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?titl...=333799409

That said, I wonder if I can "lie" to xbmc and make it think I am running your card by specifying a false card description in my xorg?

Quote:I compiled xbmc from svn the other day, and was going to use the --disable-codec=mpeg4_vdpau option but it didnt exist. Checked for that line in the ocnfig.in file and it looks like its beeing used by default if vdpau is enabled during compile
This is interesting. I admit I was running from the nightly build site. I will try compiling it myself later today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU and xvid0