Short noise burst when switch to DD/DTS
Hi,

When XBMC switches the SPDIF out from stereo to a multichannel encoded stream, e.g. Dolby Digital or DTS, my receiver makes a short, very loud noise before actually switching (recognizing) the stream and switching to it.

Does anyone have the same problem?

I'm not ruling out the possibility that the receiver is handling it wrong.

I'm running:
XBMCLive on 9.11
Asrock Ion 330
Optical out to NAD T761 receiver.
yep, my setup has done that ever since I went to xbmc under linux...

asus m3n78-em
optical out to yamaha Huh amp
xbmc via ppa for pvr testing (and nightly svn ppa / svn compiled builds before that)

Has happened ever since running the linux build (with my setup at least), minor annoyance so I have never tried to troubleshoot it apart from swapping cables (no luck)
Same problem here with a similar setup. Asrock Ion 330 with Optical running to a Denon receiver. Currently using build from svn compiled yesterday, but this happened using ppa build too.
same problem, Asrock 330ht and NAD T755 and optical
I have the same issue while running XBMC under either Linux or Windows. Been doing it since I can remember.
in some cases this might have to do with the pcm volume settings in alsamixer.
set the volume to e.g. -29db, but not to 0db or -51db.

another approach might be to play around with the alsa powersaving features of your alsa driver.

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documenta...ersave.txt
einhänder Wrote:in some cases this might have to do with the pcm volume settings in alsamixer.
set the volume to e.g. -29db, but not to 0db or -51db.

another approach might be to play around with the alsa powersaving features of your alsa driver.

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documenta...ersave.txt

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try and play around with those two. I'm a bit skeptical though; the volume suggestion doesn't make sense to me since the problem is the switch from PCM to non-PCM. And I doubt that something is happening w.r.t. power saving functionality while changing between the two data modes. But again, thanks, I'll try and see if there something I can do there.

I'm really surprised to see that so many people are also having this problem. I did not have this problem with my Xbox 1 running XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Short noise burst when switch to DD/DTS0