• 7(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
sandman4sure Wrote:In the new SVN version there is a subtitle add-on.
Do you support that add-on?

Playing with the skin now for a while, and it looks absolutely stunning! My new default skin. Thanks a lot for making it!

I actually started on it before, but decided to leave it out for now.

I wanted to do a different take on what's usually done with subtitle scripts, which is put it all in a dialog window. So I made it fullscreen with the fanart there, the blue overlay, pagelabels, big fonts so you could the lyrics well from a distance, etc.

And then I realized oh right people would probably want to have the lyrics stay on top while they navigate to other places of xbmc...so that was that hehe

Anyway, to answer your question, yes I'll be looking into providing support for a couple of addons. Starting with the lyrics and subtitle addons.

You're welcome, glad you like it
Many thanks from Norway Jeroen, my new default skin.
I really like this skin. My girlfriend's first response when turning on the TV was also "wow, this looks alot better than the other one" - so great work.

One small request, and I'd be happy to do this myself if you could point me in the right direction. We use XBMC to play recorded shows via Myth TV. When looking at myth recordings we don't get the watched/unwatched functionality that we got with our last skin (Rapier). In the context menu we can still set the files to watched/unwatched, your skin just doesn't support this flag in the files view. I'd be happy to modify the correct file if you could help me out, or better yet just include this with your next release! Thanks.
I'm completely unfamiliar with myth, but as I understand all you need is an unwatched overlay in the files view? If so, it would be no problem to add this for the next release.
Great looking skin, but I'm having an odd crash:

From the home screen, I can't go more than one level deep into the menus or XBMC crashes. I need to pull up the shutdown menu, which puts a blue overlay on the screen and has the same options as the home window, to actually do anything. This is frustrating and apparently unique to me :/

I'm using PRE-10.5 r31181 on XBMC Live

Is there different color support? Can I write my own xml file and drop it into the colors folder?

Also, may I request options to go straight to TV/Movies from the home window, instead of having to go into videos?
that_guy Wrote:Great looking skin, but I'm having an odd crash:

From the home screen, I can't go more than one level deep into the menus or XBMC crashes. I need to pull up the shutdown menu, which puts a blue overlay on the screen and has the same options as the home window, to actually do anything. This is frustrating and apparently unique to me :/

I'm using PRE-10.5 r31181 on XBMC Live
I don't really know what the status of XBMC Live is, but in general XBMC currently is undergoing a lot of changes, and because of that it is unstable at times. And since reFocus follows development in the XBMC svn pretty close and is intended a "post-merge" skin, stuff may break if you're on an older version.

Ultimately a skin shouldn't be able to crash the program itself, if it does there's something wrong with the program :p
In any case honestly I'm pretty convinced the cause isn't in the skin. We'll just going to have to be patient while XBMC stabilizes for the merge.

The shutdownmenu by the way is like that by design.

Quote:Is there different color support? Can I write my own xml file and drop it into the colors folder?
Sure, I don't see why not if you use the same strings as in the original. It should be consistently applied throughout the skin.

Quote:Also, may I request options to go straight to TV/Movies from the home window, instead of having to go into videos?
Maybe, but certainly not before 1.0.
Jeroen Wrote:I'm completely unfamiliar with myth, but as I understand all you need is an unwatched overlay in the files view? If so, it would be no problem to add this for the next release.

Great. I'm pretty sure that is all that is needed as well. Thanks for the great work.
Where is this located?

My guess is <include>videoLibPageLabels</include> but I've been digging everywhere but cant find it...

**EDIT**
I knew once I posted I'd find it....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Dunno is somebody mentioned this, but the progress percentage for downloading movies info is always 0%.
For the TV Show landscape episodes view (the one posted a couple above)
Could it be set to not wrap? I find that by seeing an episode image to the left I have to quickly scroll left/right just to check I am about to watch the right episode.
Galefury Wrote:Dunno is somebody mentioned this, but the progress percentage for downloading movies info is always 0%.

Oh right, that reminds me I have to ask jmarshall about that. I asked for that feature (percentage label instead of progressbar) but it has only worked for the music scanner and not the video scanner. Thanks
Avigrace Wrote:For the TV Show landscape episodes view (the one posted a couple above)
Could it be set to not wrap? I find that by seeing an episode image to the left I have to quickly scroll left/right just to check I am about to watch the right episode.

No, I prefer the focused item to be fixed in place so it aligns nicely with the episode info. You could open up ViewsVideo.xml and set the control type to "list" under <include name="EpisodeSlide">, but that's not going to be of much use as the focused item would go partly out of screen when scrolling two places to the left. Besides, the previous episodes is just one click away Wink
Fair enough, it's something I have gotten used to with views like this and didn't realise there was a technical issue behind it.
I would like to add another viewtype for episodes though. I don't have any idea what that is going to be like, I just know I want there to be another choice. So maybe I can do something different enough from the currently available viewtypes to be relevant yet still have something like you're asking. Future plan though, but I'll keep it in mind.
i saw you already created a button for subtitle add-on, but didn't active it yet. I have activated it, but i can't seem to access the subtitles add-on. Do you have any idea how to access the pop-up subtitles add-on?

also i'm missing a stop button in the player osd......
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14