• 5(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
Jeroen fantastic work on this, can't really fault it in any way but sadly the viewtypes are not really to my likeing, no critism intended. but i will keep an eye on this thread to see where it goes. good luck with it mate
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Time for one "annoyance" Wink

I've downloaded 0.8.1 and it fixes, as you said, my issue with the episode coming back to the first one of the list. Either way, on the Gallery view, it seems to me that the name of the show/movie is too close to the Fanart itself. Could it be a little bit higher?

(I imagine I could just go in the files and change them myself but I prefer not to touch my skins as I like to keep it up to the skinner's skin [lol])
About the fonts: an alternate fontset will be included at a later stage so you can choose whether to have all lowercase or not in some areas.

I'll answer other questions tomorrow.
@Jeroen: Normally <onright>1110</onright> would work just fine? I suspect it's because you have things in a list, and you want to move right off items in the list to different sublists. Confluence does this by moving right to a group of lists, with each list visible based on what the main list has focus on.

Agreed that whatever you do, all the menus should work basically the same way (eg the view list submenu and so on).

Let me know if you have some great ideas for how we can make this sort of thing easier to construct. I have the feeling that in many cases we're all trying to work around deficiencies in the engine, and if we can fix that once and for all it'd be a good thing (after Dharma probably). Feel free to email me or start a discussion in the dev forums so as to keep it out of this thread if you want Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Jeroen please be assured many people love this skin!.
Don't feel down due to some of the comment's people may make!.

Your time, effort, skills and publishing this skin for anyone to use is greatly appreciated.
ISYM Wrote:Jeroen please be assured many people love this skin!.

Your time, effort, skills and publishing this skin for anyone to use is greatly appreciated.

I second that. I've been eagerly waiting for this skin since you announced and I could not have been more satisfied. It's sleek, beautiful and most important of all: SIMPLE.

It's the first skin I'm actually NOT annoyed by turning the fanart off in any view. Just because the skin itself without any fanarts in the view makes it so beautiful.

BTW, let me know if you need translations for Brazilian Portuguese in any part of the skin - I'll happily help with that.
as far as i can tell it works pretty well on the xbox Smile can post debug logs if you would like.
This skin looks gorgeous! Thanks for making it!
Jeroen, are you going to add support for clearart ? On pause, maybe ?
>>X<<' Wrote:posters are being cut off slightly top and bottom both in slide view and info only noticed because of one poster missing some writing
Yep. It's a compromise because of the absence of an image dimensions standard for the movie thumbs. It should only happen with movie posters though as thetvd.com does use a standard size. I chose to scale the posters so they keep the correct aspect ratio and not get stretched. Only other option would be to resize and scale, but I want the posters to all have the same size.

paul Wrote:Jeroen fantastic work on this, can't really fault it in any way but sadly the viewtypes are not really to my likeing, no critism intended. but i will keep an eye on this thread to see where it goes. good luck with it mate
Thanks, anything in particular you're missing in the viewtypes?
I might make some changes in the listview for instance, but I will get back to everyone for opinions about that later.

nitio Wrote:Time for one "annoyance" Wink
I've downloaded 0.8.1 and it fixes, as you said, my issue with the episode coming back to the first one of the list.
Great Smile

Quote:Either way, on the Gallery view, it seems to me that the name of the show/movie is too close to the Fanart itself. Could it be a little bit higher?
I'll see what I can do about that. Actually it became like that by mistake. The shadow of the grid border got in front of the text, and I kind of liked the effect it gave on the text Smile

jmarshall Wrote:@Jeroen: Normally <onright>1110</onright> would work just fine? I suspect it's because you have things in a list, and you want to move right off items in the list to different sublists. Confluence does this by moving right to a group of lists, with each list visible based on what the main list has focus on.

Agreed that whatever you do, all the menus should work basically the same way (eg the view list submenu and so on).

Let me know if you have some great ideas for how we can make this sort of thing easier to construct. I have the feeling that in many cases we're all trying to work around deficiencies in the engine, and if we can fix that once and for all it'd be a good thing (after Dharma probably). Feel free to email me or start a discussion in the dev forums so as to keep it out of this thread if you want Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
I'll have to reevaluate some things about the menu. The menu was the first part of the skin that was made. And even though this skin is new "on the scene", I made the menu a long time ago.

Yes, in a way we are working around deficiencies in the engine, but I feel I have to be sure things can't be done with available methods before I come nagging you for changes Wink But yes, I will talk to you about ideas when reFocus has stabilized.

In any case thank you for your continued help and support, it's much appreciated Smile
ISYM Wrote:Jeroen please be assured many people love this skin!.

No no, it's fine really Smile Just felt I need to make a statement about the way I see future development going. I am my own worst critic, and even though this is just a hobby I take pride in my work. So it can be a little frustrating when you thought about something extensively, only to have people ask to do it differently Wink

I just want to make clear though that I appreciate each and everyone's comments. If you have ideas or suggestions on how things can be improved or if you see bugs, do let them be heard. I just can't guarantee I will always agree Smile
For now the goal of development is fixing bugs, cleaning up and refining, new features will be considered after that.

nitio Wrote:BTW, let me know if you need translations for Brazilian Portuguese in any part of the skin - I'll happily help with that.
Sure, that would be great. Be warned though that the strings are subject to changes.

Galefury Wrote:Jeroen, are you going to add support for clearart ? On pause, maybe ?
I'm not very keen on features that don't have core xbmc support. And I'm not sure they will always fit in reFocus.
I could see them working out nicely in the gallery viewtype though. As for other places like the OSD, I'll think about it but it's not very likely.
Jeroen Wrote:Yep. It's a compromise because of the absence of an image dimensions standard for the movie thumbs. It should only happen with movie posters though as thetvd.com does use a standard size. I chose to scale the posters so they keep the correct aspect ratio and not get stretched. Only other option would be to resize and scale, but I want the posters to all have the same size.

ok wasn't sure if you intended it to be that way so thought I'd mention it, don't most skins use 1000x1500 scale for movie posters in any case it would be simple enough for me to change Smile

BTW gallery strip layout looks great
Not sure what other skins use, but let me see if that generates better results in general. If so using that scale should be easy to apply to movie posters specifically. tmdb uses 680*1000, so relatively it isn't a huge difference. Thanks Smile
I already checked what size you had used scaled up it only works out to about 70 pixels width in difference if you have 1000x1500 posters so not a big difference
I have added a sticky to the forum listing what features or changes I am working on or have planned for the next version of reFocus. Please note that it is not a definitive list. What's on there will be in the next version, but the list will be growing as I go.

This way users can get some insight into the plans, and it also serves as a todo list for me Smile

reFocus buildlog
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14