how-to trim library tree
So, my music library is good to go, and the tv section of the library seems ok; my movies however are all screwy(duplicates, incorrect scrapes etc). is there an easy way to just trim movies and rescan those?

i'm hanging movies and tv off of different directories, though i think they all end up as part of the video db otherwise I would just delete and rescan that.

thoughts?

i've tried doing a clean to purge duplicates with no affect.

thanks
Set content on the movies folder to the correct setup. It'll prompt you to refresh all in that folder -> do so.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

There's also a tool in the 3rd party tools database that is supposed to be able to edit the database directly. I've not gotten it to work myself but that might also be a way to go to clean things up completely. It might also be worth looking at something like Ember to create NFO files for each of your movies which XBMC will in theory scrape first instead of going to the 'net. Doesn't always seem to work for me but it's a good way to go IMO. WAY easier to use a 3rd party tool than the XBMC scraper and then hunt for the ones it mistook for other movies. Even Ember will make mistakes though - especially if a movie has come out multiple times as remakes etc.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Linux/OSX only house hold, which looks like precludes me from ember.

Looks like i could use media companion though?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how-to trim library tree0