DTS Issue - linux 31181
Anyone on any of the builds experiencing dts issues where the dts signal flickers on and off (audio works then doesnt then does rapidly)
Numus Wrote:Anyone on any of the builds experiencing dts issues where the dts signal flickers on and off (audio works then doesnt then does rapidly)

Same build, same problem, DTS pass trough is doing crazy things. Sometimes I get static noice instead of DTS sound. switch to analog solves the problem. The same file also plays fine with DTS enabled after a reboot.
Still no info on the DTS codec problems?
Running the latest XBMC Live build and still has the problem
A proper report may help... Please include debug log and all required information.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:A proper report may help... Please include debug log and all required information.

Tslayer advise on how to get this to log would be helpful. I tried setting up debug log in advancedsettings to 2 i believe and it didnt show anything wrong in the log. Basically it sends the DTS signal and then doesnt and then does kinda rapidly. So that you get half the audio and not the other half
Check the links in my signature. There is a whole page on how to provide proper information.

To be honest, I would think after your 530 posts you'd know how by now Smile

Also, I think there may be other threads on this. But perhaps open a trac ticket with a sample and reproducing steps.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
tslayer Wrote:Check the links in my signature. There is a whole page on how to provide proper information.

To be honest, I would think after your 530 posts you'd know how by now Smile

Also, I think there may be other threads on this. But perhaps open a trac ticket with a sample and reproducing steps.

Ya, i usually am good at debugging and identifying problems.. this one stumps me.. I would think debug 1-3 would be the same in my case since it isnt cpu (i hope) and isnt mem related.. This is occuring on an Acer revo.. i did open a trac but hasent even been acknowledged yet (opened it a couple weeks ago)... will try to get the log tomorrow
Took forever to isolate the video file in teh log
http://pastebin.org/377827

#
23:48:54 T:86686576 M:1635713024 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:754960854.542000, should be:755285694.183781, error:324839.641781

could that be a problem?

I can supply an entire log but with log set at 1 it is pretty big
Numus Wrote:Took forever to isolate the video file in teh log
http://pastebin.org/377827

#
23:48:54 T:86686576 M:1635713024 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:754960854.542000, should be:755285694.183781, error:324839.641781

could that be a problem?

I can supply an entire log but with log set at 1 it is pretty big

Always the entire log. Devs hate cherry-picked logs.
Yes, full log to pastebin. And why are you playing with advancedsettings? Just enable debug from within xbmc itself. It should be in system settings.

Also, please provide a sample that exhibits this.

tslayer Wrote:Yes, full log to pastebin. And why are you playing with advancedsettings? Just enable debug from within xbmc itself. It should be in system settings.

Also, please provide a sample that exhibits this.
Will get a full log in a few minutes.. as for an sample that exhibits this?!?
Anything with a DTS encoded audio when you enable DTS reciever in settings system audio with optical/coax output and attempt to play a DTS stream.. If you disable DTS compatible and run a file encoded with DTS it will output dolby digital without a problem... I am playing with advancedsettings because i figured loglevel>1 would provide full details on the issue but it doesnt seem to
Full log
I cant put it to pastebin it is to big...

Where should i uploadt he log
http://pastebin.com/ZhhR7Cxf

pastebin.org limits lines.. .com doesnt
search for avatar that was the movie i was playing
That log help?
I have a also an issue with DTS in the latest SVN , I posted it in the MAC subforum here

Ther is no issue with 9.11 so it must be a problem with the latest SVN builds

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS Issue - linux 311810