vlc player plays audio that xbmc wont
hi ive got a revo 3610 running ubuntu and also use xbmc, most of the movies i play on xbmc are fine, but a few br and bd rips by secretmyth that ive downloaded play poorly on xbmc, the audio isnt right as the speech is far too low, ive tried adjusting the settings to every combination but no success, but if i play it on vlc player it manages to get the audio right, its a shame because i have many movies like this and dont want to have to get rid of the nice xbmc interface and just use vlc player for my movies

secondly another thing i cant use hdmi output to my tv and also spdif to my amp at same time, it has to be one way or the other, annoying because my wdtv live player could do both types of audio at once and also never had the problems with audio i first described, i wish i could find a fix for these problems

i have searched the net and these forums and tried various things and all to no avail, i hope someone can help
I use vlc too when xbmc wont play ball, for stuttering mkvs or when the sound is not coming through. If you want any help you are gonna have to post more info about what version of xbmc you are running on what version of ubunitu - karmic / lucid, 64-bit/32-bit? what version of alsa? are you running pulseaudio?
Mythbuntu Maverick 64-bit Mythtv & XBMC E6300, GT430, Antec Minuet 350, 2GB DDR-800 Ram, Gigabyte G-31M-E2SL, Yamaha RXv-1800 over HDMI @ 1080p to Sony Bravia 55" LCD 100HZ, Focal-JM Labs 826/806 speakers & Velodyne CHT-12R sub... "mmm, nice."
Quote:most of the movies i play on xbmc are fine, but a few br and bd rips by secretmyth

I can confirm that this is the case on my end as well, even on dharma

Secretmyth's files are pretty popular is there something we're missing here?

Thanks,

Sebj

EDIT: Upgraded to dharma beta2 and the file plays normally now.
...Actually, upgrading to Dharma beta2 changed the system audio configuration to 2.0. It was at 5.1.

Problem is still there when switching it to 5.1

Going to check my alsa settings again... something's fishy.Huh
Ok, got it to work again.

This box is Jaunty and has been modified over time pretty much.

Forgot I had a asound.conf that was dated.

I've got this in the file now, and I got dialogue back

type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}

Sorry for the rapid posts here, at least it'll show up if anyone needs it. YMMV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vlc player plays audio that xbmc wont0