Need Some Help Guys wasted To Much Money all ready
Me Hardware is

Motherboard GA-MA78G-DS3H rev 2
AMD Athlon X2 5050e Energy Efficient Dual-Core Processor - 2.60 GHz

the Graphics card a bought was ATI HD 4550 but a cant get smooth playback and when a try xbmc live or xbmclive freak v 13 play back crap
even in windows its crap not smooth at all

a have been read thease posts and seem a got the wrong card

so what am ask u is should a get Nvidia card like ASUS GT 220 to fit this
Motherboard GA-MA78G-DS3H rev 2 and disable the onboard graphics card on me motherboard will this give me smooth play back linux ??

some thing like this will it give me hdmi audio
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1GB-Asus-...b-DVI-HDMI

thank you michael
any one ??

want to order it today if work ?

michael
I use a GT220 card and (like pretty much any nvidia card since the 9400) it plays all my media flawlessly with pretty much zero cpu usage.

My card supports audio over hdmi, but unfortunately it doesnt work out of the box with the current live release (I'd like to think that the next xbmc distro will have it running off a fresh install). There's information on the wiki to get it working.
hazeh Wrote:I use a GT220 card and (like pretty much any nvidia card since the 9400) it plays all my media flawlessly with pretty much zero cpu usage.

My card supports audio over hdmi, but unfortunately it doesnt work out of the box with the current live release (I'd like to think that the next xbmc distro will have it running off a fresh install). There's information on the wiki to get it working.

thank you hazeh could you tell me which one u use please?
and what is the fan noise like ?

thank michael
Michael 2010 Wrote:and what is the fan noise like ?

Skinflint.co.uk - GT 220 passive cooling

Zero fan noise. (Though, MPEG-4 Part 2 isn't working currently with XBMC and VDPAU C cards)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Some Help Guys wasted To Much Money all ready0