Plugins for New XBMC - svn31181
I cannot get any plugins to work.

Can someone help me please understand the way the new Addons folder works as I see all the skins and updates in there.

I also noticed each addon has an addon.xml

ThanksOo
dev_don Wrote:I cannot get any plugins to work.

Can someone help me please understand the way the new Addons folder works as I see all the skins and updates in there.

I also noticed each addon has an addon.xml

ThanksOo

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Addons_for_XBMC if you are trying to make your addons work with the latest nightlies.

if not please rephrase your question, as I fail to understand what exactly is wrong
I am guessing he/she is wondering how to get all the old/existing scripts/plugins working with a new svn.

I myself have been using xbmc from the svn ppa for karmic for a while, and there was a recent update. Now, none of the existing plugins or scripts work any more.
It is the svn guys. things will break and change.

Right now for plug-ins to work they need an addon.xml

also if the plugin uses xbmcplugin.getSetting then it needs to be updated because it takes 2 parameters now.
If anyone bothered to read the wiki page I linked to earlier, you would see what is needed to make the plugins/ scripts work with the latest trunk
not trying to argue but that's not completely accurate. as I said xbmcplugin.getSetting changed so some plug-ins needs updating. It is as simple as a search & replace though.

People could just misunderstand and think they can get them working just by adding addon.xml
I recommend using xbmcaddon.getSetting instead as it's more efficient. Same for strings.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Amet Wrote:If anyone bothered to read the wiki page I linked to earlier, you would see what is needed to make the plugins/ scripts work with the latest trunk

Ill be Honest Im very confused on how to get old video plugins working.

And I don't really think the link to the wiki page provides much clarification

Can anyone provide an example of how the addon.xml should be written for a video plugin?

My addon.xml looks like this:

<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"
library="default.py">
<provides>video</provides>
</extension>

I know its wrong
Just what do you find confusing about the pages in the wiki?

The layout of your extension looks fine. Obviously you need the rest of the tags there - again, see the wiki.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

there may be some recoding to do with settings functions
Hey guys, I'm green here so go easy.

I've spend the last 2 weeks messing with various HTPC solutions starting with transcoders over my gig network, of which I went through every decent offering out there ranging from tversity, vuze, wmplayer, ps3 media player, playon, and wmc extender.

Then I went with HDMI out form my HTPC system (and optical audio out) and started using Windows Media Center.

Unfortunately that was a nightmare, I always would squash one bug to have 2 more appear. Windows 7 64bit + mkv's in Directshow player is tough to get un-quirky. I tried a plethora of tools, hacks, workarounds, etc, eventually getting it to where about 95% of my movies would playback just fine...but that leaves 5% that would not, plus WMC even with Media Browser plugin (which is very cool), is still a bit slow and "meh" feeling.

So here I am now with XBMC and I have to say, I like it a lot.

I've gotten it all up and running, but the addons/scripts/plugins/programs (wtf is the difference and why keep flipping the terminilogy around anyhow?!) have me feeling I am about to go on another 2 week goose chase.

Right now I would just like to get the HTE (Home Theatre Experience) installed and working, however I am using the nightly build because the skin I like requires it.

Am I better off just to wait, is it likely this will all be ironed out within a week or two? I read through the wiki, and there doesn't seem to be really much to it, so it seems I just have to manually copy HTE to the proper program/plugins/addons folder in xbmc's installed directory in program files...and then make an addon.xml and put it...maybe in documents and settings/user/application data/xbmc or something?

Can anybody break it down to steps for me, anybody actually got this working at this time?
Addons are still in a "use on your own risk" status. If you want a working version, stick with the latest stable.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sad 
Hi!

I installed the XBMC 10.08 on 3 computers (64bit laptop, 32bit netbook, 64 bit ASROCK ION), and it's so strange that, the scripts only doesn't work on the HTPC.

The only difference is, I use it in standalone mode, but with Camelot, it wasn't problem.

I tried several times to reinstall, but no success. The scrapers working fine, bet the CUlyrics, the Subtitles, and the "recently added" scripts are always fail.

Have any idea?

Thanks
Guys, sorry for being thick, but I've read through the wiki and joined the mailing list, but 2 things are causing me trouble.
First one, I'm not sure about the addon.xml but this is what I've got so far:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon>
  id="tvc.plugin"
  version="1.2.3"
  name="TVCatchup"
  provider-name="DJ_Gerbil and the guys at TVC">
  <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="default.py">
    <summary>TVCatchup plugin for XBMC</summary>
    <description>This plugin allows UK users to view free-to-air channels on XBMC courtesy of TVCatchup.com</description>
    <disclaimer>This plugin is provided as is. Although all attempts will be made to help resolve issues, no promises can be made.</disclaimer>
    <platform>all</platform>
    <provides>video</provides>
  </extension>
</addon>
Second is I've seen a couple of references to changes in the xbmcplugin.getSetting bit, but I haven't found anything that actually tells me what I need to correct. Is there any chance someone can point me in the right direction please??
Oh and one last thing, I've probably missed it, but how/where do I submit the plugin so it goes into the repo??
Read the wiki pages on setting up a pluginsource. There's also detailed info on the exact form of addon.xml. A couple of obvious things wrong:

1. xbmcaddon.getSetting should be used rather than xbmcplugin.getSetting.
2. you need the xbmc.addon.metadata extension point for your summary.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plugins for New XBMC - svn311810