New requirements for the next version
Hi All

Many apologies if this is the wrong section or this is discussed elsewhere, mods please feel free to educate me or move this post.

With the new release edging ever nearer I'm looking forwards to updating to the next stable when its ready. With that in mind I've noticed a few threads popping up that mention this requirement or that requirement or dependency.

I'm presently running under 9.10 (Karmic Koala) and running the last stable release under a revo with the infamous 185 nvidia drivers.

I'm a little scared to update anything regarding those drivers since the last time I tried it fried my myth frontend (0.22) installation.

Soooo, with that in mind what, at the moment, are the requirements stacking up to be? Will this version of Ubuntu suffice or, gasp, will I have to update the family revo to Lucid (I hear bad things about that experience) and rethink the myth frontend co-existance.

Many many thanks for all the hard work devs, I look forward to the new version (well, not the pain of updating the base system but I cant blame you guys for that)

Cheers all

Edz
you can safely stay with karmic, however you will need atleast 190.x nvidia drivers, preferably 195.x
spiff Wrote:you can safely stay with karmic, however you will need atleast 190.x nvidia drivers, preferably 195.x

Many thanks. I'll look into the myth front end issues elsewhere and feedback in the appropriate forum thread.

Cheers

Edz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New requirements for the next version0