[AppleTV] Party Shuffle music?
I recently installed XBMC on my Apple TV 3.0.0.2 and it seems to work fine so far. I clicked the "Party Mode Playlist" under Playlists in Music, and apparently didn't set it right to play music; now, whenever I click it, nothing happens at all.

How can I set up a Playlist to play and "party shuffle" all of the music that's in a certain directory?
the default playlist is setup to play all songs. just hit the partymode button (left hand side menu) and off you go. alternatively you can edit it to fit what you want through the context menu. party mode / smart playlists operate on your library, not folders.
Like, my iTunes library?
I don't really know how to create a "library" in XBMC, I've just been playing individual MP3 files from the directories they're in. How do I make the contents of my external hard drive that's hooked up to the Apple TV my library, without copying anything to my Apple TV's internal hard drive?
Furthermore, how do I go about DELETING a playlist?
wiki.xbmc.org
Got how to make and delete playlists from the wiki, but the instructions here are confusing:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mus...your_music

I get how to prepare my music and all (I custom tagged most of it, myself, although it's been awhile - sidenote, is there a mac-compatible program out there that'll scan my MP3s and auto-tag them/get CD art and stuff? I used Godfather when I had a PC and that was cool, if tedious and time-consuming...), so there shouldn't be a problem with that step.

What I don't understand is the "Library Mode"/"File Mode" stuff. I have never seen an available setting for Library or File mode anywhere in XBMC, ever. I must have spent about 10-15 minutes just now looking again, too (and I've spent quite some time screwing around with it before, mind you). The "Library Mode" radio button under my "Music" menu is greyed-out completely. It looks like I'm locked-in to Library Mode with no other choice for now.

Which means I apparently can't do anything with setting up my library.

How do I enable this toggle?
heh, other way around, you're locked out. scan your music from the context menu, then it will activate.
The "Context Menu" is the menu that comes up on the side, right? I see no way to scan my music on the menus of either of the two working skins that I have installed.

Mind you, there is no music on my ATV's internal hard drive. Everything's on my external one that's hooked up to it (and I can access it in XBMC, too, with the hacks I've installed. Currently listening to Rush Smile ).
no, context menu is a contextual menu that pops up if you hit 'c' on an item. hrm, on that lighter thingy it's probably a long press?
Already tried doing a long press, no dice. Held it for like 30 seconds, too.

And I don't have a USB keyboard anymore, either :/
....erm, it worked this time. Go figure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Party Shuffle music?0