Update to latest SVN
I dont know if the following log helps or not but here it is. I guess I am going to have to start over which is very frustrating I have many hours in this project. Wish I knew more about Ubuntu.

Thanks

Selecting previously deselected package nvidia-256-kernel-source.
(Reading database ... 219048 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking nvidia-256-kernel-source (from .../nvidia-256-kernel-source_256.35-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2_i386.deb) ...
nvidia-256-kernel-source: Installing nvidia-256-kernel-source

nvidia-256-kernel-source: Preparing nvidia-256-kernel-source

nvidia-256-kernel-source: Unpacking nvidia-256-kernel-source

nvidia-256-kernel-source: Preparing to configure nvidia-256-kernel-source

Unpacking nvidia-glx-256 (from .../nvidia-glx-256_256.35-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2_i386.deb) ...
nvidia-glx-256: Installing nvidia-glx-256

dpkg: warning: obsolete option '--print-installation-architecture', please use '--print-architecture' instead.
nvidia-glx-256: Preparing nvidia-glx-256

dpkg: warning: obsolete option '--print-installation-architecture', please use '--print-architecture' instead.
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-glx-256_256.35-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libGL.so', which is also in package libgl1-mesa-dev 0:7.6.1~git20091217.20ee2759-0ubuntu0~xup~1
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
desktop-file-utils: Running post-installation trigger desktop-file-utils

Processing triggers for man-db ...
man-db: Running post-installation trigger man-db

Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-glx-256_256.35-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2_i386.deb
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "interface.py", line 432, in <module>
a.mainMenu()
File "interface.py", line 295, in mainMenu
a.driverMenu('nvidia')
File "interface.py", line 333, in driverMenu
self.process(self.abstract.install, package)
File "interface.py", line 391, in process
myFunction(myArgs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Envy/abstraction.py", line 155, in install
self.pkg.install(packages, self.widget)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Envy/packagemanager.py", line 164, in install
self.cache.commit(UiFetchProgress(widget, self.isText), UiInstallProgress(widget, self.isText))
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apt/cache.py", line 318, in commit
raise SystemError("installArchives() failed")
SystemError: installArchives() failed
kalhua, from which source is the nvidia driver you're trying to install?

from my experience, the x-swat ppa works best, and you don't even have to build the kernel yourself
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Dobyken Wrote:Your links provide no information whatsoever nor can I find any info on how to run existing scripts in the current build 31330. It appears that what were Scripts are now Add-ons and any existing scripts need to be made available through the Get Add-ons installer. I know you guys are busy but a simple yes/no question. Is it possible to manually add a python script such as Mythbox into the new version of XBMC without having to write an XML install routine. If the answer is no I'll just go back to switching between Mythtv and XBMC.

You should be able to just add an addon.xml and icon.png to the same dir as the script. You can just copy most of the info in the addon.xml from a different already available script.
I have two sources available it seems. I can get the packages downloaded but when I try to activate one it ends in a error(SystemError: installArchives() failed)
Some of the posts in this thread may help -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75918

My friend ran into the same issues you are. I think the biggest difference between he and I was that I had done an update and dist update to all of my packages. I also had to update my NVIDIA driver afterward and I think the details for that is in this thread. Are you running a full desktop or Live install? I was running Live...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I have Full Install of Ubuntu....

I will check you reference post

Thanks
Double Post see below
I have made some progress using the post you suggested. I have xbmc installed and updating as it should. The problem I am left with is that I cant activate the Nvidia driver. I have tried it from a terminal window and from the manager on Ubuntu Desktop and both fail with the same error. Looking at the log I posted it seems that the issue is with over writing a file but I am not sure.
I got it! I installed the driver manually. I downloaded and installed NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.35.run. After install rebooted and I now can run XBMC! I have some issues with video but am hoping can tweak xorg.conf to fix. Was wondering if anyone can tell me how to keep the screen from blanking out after no mouse activity. I just tweaked it and it might be fixed but we will see
glad to see you got it fixed.
jabba200 Wrote:You should be able to just add an addon.xml and icon.png to the same dir as the script. You can just copy most of the info in the addon.xml from a different already available script.

Thanks, I took a look at the xml. I did find a nice guide in the wiki by following the "recent changes" tab. It documents the structure and requirements of the addon.xml file.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Addons_for_XBMC
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update to latest SVN0