Fresh Install of XBMC Crashes Immediately On Startup
XBMC crashes immediately on startup - brand new fresh install on Ubuntu 10.04. Please help.

Here is a link to the crash log:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7262867/xbmc_cra...100022.log

Thanks for your help.

Gregg
Perhaps try a supported version of Ubuntu.
GJones Wrote:Perhaps try a supported version of Ubuntu.
Oo Lucid works just fine. His version of XBMC however is WAY out of date. Not sure where he got 26018 from?
my best guess would be that it's the build from the stable ppa https://launchpad.net/%7Eteam-xbmc/+archive/ppa

when thinking about the various bugs of the current SVN ppa build I think it's best for him to stay with stable. doesn't seem to me like the guy who would like to compile the newest nightly...

@GJones perhaps try a supportive attitude...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Aenima99x Wrote:Oo Lucid works just fine. His version of XBMC however is WAY out of date. Not sure where he got 26018 from?

Lucid works fine for those willing to tweak it. Using a stable ppa built for karmic against a standard install of lucid is not advised, though.
GJones Wrote:Lucid works fine for those willing to tweak it. Using a stable ppa built for karmic against a standard install of lucid is not advised, though.

Lucid works just fine with the stable PPA. In fact, the stable PPA was updated on May 23rd for Lucid.
okay, and now finally for some helpful insights:

gwinston99 is using an ATI card, RV100 to be precise. the Radeon 7000 series is known to have serious OpenGL problems in linux, and XBMC needs OpenGL for UI rendering. you could try to use the ATI Hack in advancedsettings:

<advancedsettings>
<glrectanglehack>yes</glrectanglehack>
</advancedsettings>

but I strongly suggest throwing the ATI card away and getting a cheap VDPAU-supported nvidia card. no matter which ubuntu version you're intending to use...

p.s. next time, follow the tutorials and put your debug log on pastebin. it's a pain in the ass to read an unformatted txt file in someone's dropbox folder.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fresh Install of XBMC Crashes Immediately On Startup0