"Movie information" and scrapers?
I asked in another thread but as it was kinda OT so I didn't get more answers there. Though three people posted saying that what I want DOES work.

Either they misunderstood me and scrapers are still broken in the nightlies, or the feature have been removed. Which is it? I've tried practically all builds from 16/6 to 24/6.

This is how scrapers worked some months ago. It seems to be broken/removed somewhere around 1/3 (28256).
1. Set scraper on a folder.
2. Open the folder or subfolder.
3. Select a video file and bring up "Context Menu".
4. Select "Movie information", edit title if needed and search.
5. Select the correct movie.

I only get "Movie information" on folders, never on individual movie files. Scraper doesn't seem to matter (IMDB or TMDb).
I just tried the latest R31349 and its working perfectly think this is just your inexperience in using XBMC the procedure you just outlined above only happens when you haven't scanned your content into library first you don't do each file individually you scan them all in one go

You should follow the quick start guide

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
Nah, it was possible to do it the way I describe. It was a way to add movies with the help of a scraper. Like if you'd wanna add a BD (m2ts files) without using a NFO file.

"Movie information" in the "Context Menu" with 28256. Note that I haven't done anything with the file yet (like "Manually add to library").
I also tried 9.11 thinking that maybe this feature was a bug that appeared after 9.11 got released, but no 9.11 also make it possible to add movies this way.

After clicking "Movie Information":

After clicking "Manual" and doing a search for "12 Monkeys":

00009.m2ts added to the library as "12 Monkeys":
Edit : forget what I said I have two revisions on my system and was using the wrong one but you can still get movie information on the actual folder
Yeah, well I know that. But why remove it for individual files?
cannot repro in r31411 - everything works as expected. movie info is there etc.
Ah, nice. I tried 31495 and it seems to work now. Thanks to whoever fixed it. Smile
Hello all

For some reason I can't get the artwork and info to be right in my tv shows folder. I have followed the quick guide and set my shows like Californication\s01e01.avi etc but it still doesn't pull it thru or the actual episode. I only downloaded xmbc today so using latest version. It works fine for my movies :-)
This is a movie information thread. Nothing to do with shows.

Post a new thread, and include all pertinent info. Hint: "Latest version" is meaningless.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Movie information" and scrapers?0