Adding a skin to an SVN
Question 
Hi, I'm trying one of the SVN versions of XBMC (r31343) and am trying to add the Back-Row skin but am having difficulty doing so.

I've read I'm supposed to put the skins in the addons folder in these newer versions and in a folder called skin.back-row (or whatever the name of the skin is) but XBMC isn't finding it...

I'm running Win7 64bit

Can someone help this guy out?Nod
Thanks!
joecooper84 Wrote:Hi, I'm trying one of the SVN versions of XBMC (r31343) and am trying to add the Back-Row skin but am having difficulty doing so.

I've read I'm supposed to put the skins in the addons folder in these newer versions and in a folder called skin.back-row (or whatever the name of the skin is) but XBMC isn't finding it...

I'm running Win7 64bit

Can someone help this guy out?Nod
Thanks!
the easiest way to get your skin working is this. copy the addon.xml out of the confluence skin folder which is in the addons directory. place the addon.xml into your folder called skin.backrow then bung that folder into the addons folder.
Fire up xbmc and select it in the usual way if not check in the addons section of confluence and it should say you have 2x confluence installed if not then you have done something wrong. just re check your folder structure and try againWink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
That did it!
Thanks

Now I have to figure out how to get the skin to display properly. I see the main menu filmstrip but after I select it and see the countdown the screen goes black but I still hear the navigation sounds.
I changed the skin xml file to use NTSC instead of PAL but no affect.
Hello - Try using the up to date SVN version of the skin. All the necessary files for your version of XBMC are in there.

Either use an SVN client and the SVN checkout address or you can download a prebuilt version here
Here is a direct download link for the latest Back-Row build (2801) :
http://builds.xbmc.eu/download.php?cat=s...ow-rev2815

Others nightly builds are available here : http://www.xbmc.eu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding a skin to an SVN0