Rosewill RRC-126 IR Remote Help
I'm looking to build an XBMC HTPC, and I'm having all kinds of problems getting a remote to work properly. I ordered a Rosewill RRC-126, but I'm having trouble setting it up to use a lot of the special keys properly.

Out of the box, the directional buttons, OK, pause and a couple of others work. If I run IR Server The fast forward and rewind buttons, info and back buttons work, but I lose the functionality of the Play and pause buttons.

I tried using ShowKey to try and map these keys manually, but it won't show any key for some of the keys like the Info button or the red, Green, Yellow & Blue buttons. I know it's sending something because, for example, the Info button works when IR Server is running, but ShowKey won't give any codes.

Can anyone help a newbie out? Also, can anyone tell me if the IR Receiver that comes with this remote will let a Harmony 300 remote work properly? I've considered ordering one of those simply because this Rosewill remote is tiny.
If the remote is a full Microsoft compatible it doesn't send keystrokes for many keys, but it can be configured to do so. Have a look and see if you can find the registry key mentioned in the readme in mceremote.zip. If so see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for configuring the remote.

Your post implies you use IR Server Suite. Does this have an option to disable the HID device? If so this will interfere with keystroke generation by the remote.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rosewill RRC-126 IR Remote Help0