PVR-Testing2 + VDR and Austalian EPG
Hey guys, great work everyone as always.

Finally got the M/B back from an RMA for my HTPC. Have XBMC installed on Ubuntu 10.04 and VDR is working fine as the backend with one exception.

I'm not getting any EPG at all. Not even now / next.

Has anyone else got this working in Aus? I'm using the version from the PPA's and yaVDR's PPA.

At the moment I have two PCI Winfast DTV1800H's and one DTV dongle gold (usb) and they all 'seem' to be working fine. As in a scan from the command line finds all channels on all three cards, so im assuming everything is okey dokey.

Is there any way to force an EPG scan through VDR?

I saw a command 'svdrsend SCAN' but cannot seem to find this command.

Thanks in advance
-Matt
Could it possibly be a permissions issue. I'm looking for the epg.data file but can't find it anywhere. Could VDR maybe not be able to create it?

I have set the EPG timeout for 1 hour and just going to leave it for now see if it updates but it doesnt look promising.

(I did set it up and leave it running over night to see if it would scan but no go)
I'm in australia and have it all working.
What i found was that scanning with dvb-apps found all the channels but the epg wouldn't scan.

Use w-scan
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/vdr stop
sudo apt-get install w-scan -y
sudo rm /etc/vdr/channels.conf /var/lib/vdr/channels.conf
w_scan -ft -c AU -o7 >> /etc/vdr/channels.conf
sudo /etc/init.d/vdr start

Restart xbmc wait a little and it should scan channels.
Press THANK USER if I Help
Ahh your a champion, I'll definitely try that when I get home. It was really bugging me because apart from that I finally had a unified HTPC setup.

Thanks !
Ok, worked like a charm! There was a bit of a hassle with the USB dongle, it was listed as adapter0 so was being used first and it seemed to scan ok but no channels were displayed in XBMC and it would crash if the EPG was accessed.

I removed the USB and re-ran everything with w_scan and it all went perfectly.

Full EPG for over a week etc. I will plug the USB back in tonight to see how it goes.

Thanks again man!

It's really pretty impressive compared to some of the other frontend / backend solutions I've used.
mhouston100 Wrote:Ok, worked like a charm! There was a bit of a hassle with the USB dongle, it was listed as adapter0 so was being used first and it seemed to scan ok but no channels were displayed in XBMC and it would crash if the EPG was accessed.

I removed the USB and re-ran everything with w_scan and it all went perfectly.

Full EPG for over a week etc. I will plug the USB back in tonight to see how it goes.

Thanks again man!

It's really pretty impressive compared to some of the other frontend / backend solutions I've used.

You may have to set the adapter order in a config file to make sure the adapters are allocated the same number each time. Google for: adapter_nr

Ben

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR-Testing2 + VDR and Austalian EPG0