So many builds... All so different...
I have been running XBMC on my original xbox for years now and have become well versed in its gui and have never had any problems using or fixing ANYTHING!
As I'm sure all who read this are aware, original xbox just doesn't do the trick in this HD age so I moved to the PC with 9.11 Camelot on my DELL (XP Intel Celeron 2.20ghz/GeForce 6200 PCI) and all was well everything worked great.

I decide to upgrade to win 7 and when running XBMC it would cause my cpu to pin at 100% and video was completely unwatchable with massive stutter/jitter and sync issues.
A few searches on this very forum showed that I wasn't the only one and after a few failures I found the fix was the build itself and moving to the "nightly build" as suggested in one of the many posts I reviewed did the trick for fixing my playback problems

BUT now I find myself confused as to how this particular build works...
There is no script folder nor a plug-in folder but what seems to be the subsequent replacement, an "ADD-ON" system which I can't seem to figure out.

My problem is plainly this... I use a script called Navi-X for video streaming and another video streaming plugin and I'm not quite sure how to go about installing or even using them(attempts to simply open the default.py in file manager causes "script failure/error" message)

I would appreciate anyone's input on this
Thanks in advance!
Just like you said...it's a nightly build. It's a build in testing. It says "Though these are official builds, they should be regarded as very unstable. Not recommended for most people, brave users and testers only!" right where you downloaded it. There should be a new stable out sometime fairly soon. Right now there is a workaround for getting plugins and scripts to work. Look for the thread in the plugins/scripts section of the forum. It will lead you to a section of the wiki on how to get it going. But it's not a super simple fix at the moment.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Damn! Camelot and Xp worked so well and my dumbass wanted windows 7... oh well I guess I'll wait for the stable build then.

Thank you for the quick response!
Is there a build that plays video without stutter with my config that has at least scripts enabled stable or not I can handle a crash if it occurs.
xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe 01-Mar-2010 09:47
from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/
That one is the last one before major changing went on.
With that CPU and video card, Im not sure how you are able to play HD content. But if you say its working on the latest nightly build it should work on this one.

Are you actually using DXVA on the latest nightly you are playing with?
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So many builds... All so different...0