Remapping Apple Remote Buttons
I'm having some trouble remapping buttons on my Apple Remote and I'm hoping that I'm just missing something here, since I've never tried it before.

What I would like to do is change it so that when I am in My Movies, and only My Movies, pressing the center button brings up the Movie Information page rather than starting the movie. And holding the center button starts the movie rather than bringing up the Movie Information page.

I've tried copying the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file from /Applications/XBMC/.../system/keymaps to my Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/keymaps folder and then editing it there.

I put in:

Code:
<videolibrary>
<joystick name="AppleRemote">
<button id="5">XBMC.ActivateWindow(movieinformation)</button>
<button id="7">Select</button>
</joystick>
</videolibrary>

This works half-way: it remapped the Select action to holding the center button, and pressing the center button brings up the movie information screen, but it is blank and doesn't refer to the movie I had selected. It also works throughout the video library, rather than just for Movies.

Any ideas? I think I'm on the right track but just don't have the correct action figured out or the window name I should be using. I've been reading and searching for a couple hours trying to figure this out, but I think I'm just not familiar enough with the back end of XBMC since this is the first time I've tried anything like this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Largos
Try replacing 'XBMC.ActivateWindow(movieinformation)'

with either Info or OSD. One of those two should do what you want.
Thanks, INFO worked great!

Do you know of any way to limit that behavior to occur only when I'm in Movies, and not TV Shows?

Thanks again!
Im not positive on this but I dont think XBMC distinguishes between My Videos and TV Shows with regards to menu functions. If it did, it probably would be here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/syste...remote.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remapping Apple Remote Buttons0