• 11(current)
Requests
This is my favorite TV View, but I'm not a big fan of the "white box" background for the selected episode. It kind of clashes with the rest of the transparency on the screen. Would it be possible to allow us to adjust the transparency of this box with the "fade white box" option? Maybe like 75% transparency or something? This way the episode details are still readable, but you don't have the opaque white box. Or another suggestion.........maybe do away with the whitebox background for the select episode and simply use a slightly raised glass-overlay for the selected episode, and change the text color of the episode details to white. This the only thing that doesn't seem to "flow" with this skin for me. Here is an example of the view I am talking about:

Another thought, maybe give a little more control over the Recently added information that is displayed. I would be nice be able to say turn things off like
"Just Watched" movies, etc. All in all great skin.

-hogfan
MarioSpeedwagon Wrote:except for settings and shutdown, correct? can we at least implement a 'hide shutdown button', seeing as there is a keyboard shortcut for it? i'm trying to simplify my home screen, and also prevent wandering fingers and thumbs from changing settings... (kids... wives... collectively speaking, as i am not a mormon)
Smile

also, you cant hide the home button, im not sure what this does!! Huh
Hey man... Just rounding up the stuff we talked about and earlier requests...

Music Videos

#1 Make the cool display/fade out thing for the info screen work

#2 I don't think its necessary to extend the dark rectangle to the whole width of the screen; maybe do something wrapped up and smaller (info screen, that is).

-----------

Music

#3 Artist info on Music thumbnail view (in top center). You are handling the top space much better in movie welo and poster view.

#4 Looks like Music thumbnail view is a file mode view, we'd like to see "music" in the top left corner.

#5 For albums with multiple disks, infos on the disk number in Songs view would be nice. (Request Post #77).

#6 The clock moves in and out in the wrong direction when disabling and enabling the info screen on fullscreen music playback.

-----------

Movies

#7 Make long movie titles scrolling in all views.

#8 We have trailers for some movies. Some info on this in welo view would be cool. The thing you did for standard poster view would be perfect.

#9 Playback info should be as we discussed, top part as is, bottom part from pause screen minus one of the posters.

#10 I know you use movie sets, please find a way to make them look nicer. Also, if possible, could you do an (optional) overlay such as this for sets?

Of course, you would have to make it look nicer, its just an idea. :-)

-----------

TV Shows

#11 We don't like star ratings, please give us the option to have numeric ratings as well. Combination with the watched icons as discussed would be perfect.

#12 For TV-Shows, instead of having two lines for total number of episodes and watched, integrate to one: watched: xxx of yyy or xxx / yyy

#13 If possible in any way, in the first tv-show-level (where all tv-shows are displayed), add the number of seasons, suggestion:
Watched: 123/256 Episodes in 7 Seasons

#14 Info screen for tv-show playback should be the same as for movie playback.

#15 In the attached pic, is this supposed to be like this or is the background rectangle slightly offset?
http://files.x0n.de/xbmc/tv_view.png

-----------

General:

#16 Make the skin more compatible for different languages, there are a lot of fields where you just hardcoded english text instead of using IDs. If it helps you find those places, I'll see if I can make you a list of places.

#17 RSS-Feeds are not working. I think you have figured it out already. :-)

#18 Add a Button for settings to shutdown menu, I've found that to be practical in other skins.

#19 Add an option to remove Home and Settings button in main menu, Home because I want to try if I can manage without it and save some space. Settings button should only be removable in combination with #16, otherwise things could get messy. :-)

#20 The Music Video button on homescreen is still missing. :-)

- Also, good work. Keep it up. Thanks. Nod

-----------
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
Was there ever any development in finding a fix for the back button going to Genre etc etc list instead of back to the normal shows/movies list after going into a season etc?
circle_ Wrote:Was there ever any development in finding a fix for the back button going to Genre etc etc list instead of back to the normal shows/movies list after going into a season etc?

I dont believe that would be skin related. The skin is based off of confluence and no navigational changes were made. If it works in Confluence, it should work here.
To learn more, click here.
vanOert Wrote:Hey man... Just rounding up the stuff we talked about and earlier requests...

Music Videos

#1 Make the cool display/fade out thing for the info screen work

#2 I don't think its necessary to extend the dark rectangle to the whole width of the screen; maybe do something wrapped up and smaller (info screen, that is).

-----------

Music

#3 Artist info on Music thumbnail view (in top center). You are handling the top space much better in movie welo and poster view.

#4 Looks like Music thumbnail view is a file mode view, we'd like to see "music" in the top left corner.

#5 For albums with multiple disks, infos on the disk number in Songs view would be nice. (Request Post #77).

#6 The clock moves in and out in the wrong direction when disabling and enabling the info screen on fullscreen music playback.

-----------

Movies

#7 Make long movie titles scrolling in all views.

#8 We have trailers for some movies. Some info on this in welo view would be cool. The thing you did for standard poster view would be perfect.

#9 Playback info should be as we discussed, top part as is, bottom part from pause screen minus one of the posters.

#10 I know you use movie sets, please find a way to make them look nicer. Also, if possible, could you do an (optional) overlay such as this for sets?

Of course, you would have to make it look nicer, its just an idea. :-)

-----------

TV Shows

#11 We don't like star ratings, please give us the option to have numeric ratings as well. Combination with the watched icons as discussed would be perfect.

#12 For TV-Shows, instead of having two lines for total number of episodes and watched, integrate to one: watched: xxx of yyy or xxx / yyy

#13 If possible in any way, in the first tv-show-level (where all tv-shows are displayed), add the number of seasons, suggestion:
Watched: 123/256 Episodes in 7 Seasons

#14 Info screen for tv-show playback should be the same as for movie playback.

#15 In the attached pic, is this supposed to be like this or is the background rectangle slightly offset?
http://files.x0n.de/xbmc/tv_view.png

-----------

General:

#16 Make the skin more compatible for different languages, there are a lot of fields where you just hardcoded english text instead of using IDs. If it helps you find those places, I'll see if I can make you a list of places.

#17 RSS-Feeds are not working. I think you have figured it out already. :-)

#18 Add a Button for settings to shutdown menu, I've found that to be practical in other skins.

#19 Add an option to remove Home and Settings button in main menu, Home because I want to try if I can manage without it and save some space. Settings button should only be removable in combination with #16, otherwise things could get messy. :-)

#20 The Music Video button on homescreen is still missing. :-)

- Also, good work. Keep it up. Thanks. Nod

-----------

You know I'm all over these, as soon as I can get to it. Smile
circle_ Wrote:Was there ever any development in finding a fix for the back button going to Genre etc etc list instead of back to the normal shows/movies list after going into a season etc?

I am wondering (if it's not skin related) why it's working on Aeon Skin ?
butchabay Wrote:I am wondering (if it's not skin related) why it's working on Aeon Skin ?
You can change that behaviour by editing "keyboard.xml" in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps".
Add "<backspace>PreviousMenu</backspace>" to the "<MyMusicLibrary>" section (line 150 - opened in np++).
After that backspace points back to the previous menu wih is normally the main menu. the problem is that you will need to map another key to go to previous list or you will have no chance to get there.

Edit: sorry thought you meant the step back out of the music library... but it should work the same way (in the right section)
MarioSpeedwagon Wrote:except for settings and shutdown, correct? can we at least implement a 'hide shutdown button', seeing as there is a keyboard shortcut for it? i'm trying to simplify my home screen, and also prevent wandering fingers and thumbs from changing settings...
Smile

Does anyone have an easy way to implement this?
MarioSpeedwagon Wrote:Does anyone have an easy way to implement this?

Try turning on Kiosk mode. It locks down a bunch of stuff.
MarioSpeedwagon Wrote:Does anyone have an easy way to implement this?

I will add the ability to turn off the rest of the buttons.

butchabay Wrote:I am wondering (if it's not skin related) why it's working on Aeon Skin ?

vanMiez Wrote:You can change that behaviour by editing "keyboard.xml" in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps".
Add "<backspace>PreviousMenu</backspace>" to the "<MyMusicLibrary>" section (line 150 - opened in np++).
After that backspace points back to the previous menu wih is normally the main menu. the problem is that you will need to map another key to go to previous list or you will have no chance to get there.

Edit: sorry thought you meant the step back out of the music library... but it should work the same way (in the right section)
See -
Hitcher Wrote:It's not actually the function of backspace that skinners can change (it's always 'up one directory') but we can skip the other sections by adding ,return to the Home screen selection. ESC is actually the 'Home' key.
I hereby formally request either:

a) An option to remove the "View Options" prompt from all views (its not hard to figure out. Its a directional arrow on all skins as far as I know) OR

b) At least make it smaller or less intrusive somehow.

As seen in the image shamelessly stolen from hogfan's post on the previous page:

hogfan Wrote:Image

Justification: There's an option to remove the clock from all views and it is far less dominant on screen than the "view options" prompt.
See here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81618
circle_ Wrote:I hereby formally request either:

a) An option to remove the "View Options" prompt from all views (its not hard to figure out. Its a directional arrow on all skins as far as I know) OR

b) At least make it smaller or less intrusive somehow.

As seen in the image shamelessly stolen from hogfan's post on the previous page:

Justification: There's an option to remove the clock from all views and it is far less dominant on screen than the "view options" prompt.

how about implementing this only in Kiosk mode, since you can't switch views anyway? that would make more sense (if it is possible)
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Requests0