Please help a newbie out!
Got it. So I guess I need to connect my PC to my TV via any cable that does video and sound.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
ArieS Wrote:Thanks davilla.

I have an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual 6400+
3.21 GHz with 3.18 GB of ram
My PC is connected to my TV via a Linksys router with ethernet cable that goes to a Global Cache GC100-12 Gateway
A Blu-rray player Oppo 83 which is DLNA capable
My TV is a Kuro Pioneer KRP 600M which is controled via Network.

Hhehe, a Global Cache GC100-12 is a network device for serial/IR and some other obscure i/o formats . It has nothing to do with a network gateway. I have one. This device does not enter into the XBMC picture so forget about it.

Your HDTV (Kuro Pioneer KRP 600M) has IP Control for Set-up, Control, Configuration and Self-diagnostics. Note that there is no display/playback ability, check your manual.

You connect your PC to the HDTV using one of three video connectors, VGA, DVI or HDMI. Take your pick of which your PC supports. HDMI is the recommended flavor.
Wow that was painful...lol. But now I understand.
Ok, I wanted to get a video card with a HDMI input so it looks like it will be the perfect time.
Off topic, I use my Global Cache as a Gateway so I can control all my equipment/lighting with an iPhone/iPod Touch. Pretty neat.
I won't say the name of the software or even post a link since I was already accused of trolling so what I don't need is being accused of spamming Big Grin

Thanks all!
Actually one last question!
Since my PC won't be a dedicated one. What kind of video card do I need to get so it won't lag when I watch a movie, like how much ram and all.
ArieS Wrote:Off topic, I use my Global Cache as a Gateway so I can control all my equipment/lighting with an iPhone/iPod Touch. Pretty neat.
I won't say the name of the software or even post a link since I was already accused of trolling so what I don't need is being accused of spamming Big Grin

Not necessary, there's this really neat service called google that searches the internet based on words you type in Smile "Global Cache iphone" gives about 214,000 results.
ArieS Wrote:Actually one last question!
Since my PC won't be a dedicated one. What kind of video card do I need to get so it won't lag when I watch a movie, like how much ram and all.

nvidia.
davilla Wrote:nvidia.
Gotcha, newegg, here I come! Big Grin
512mb video card should do you fine, well atleast that's what i run in my HTPC and ran Hurt locker in 1080p uncompressed goodness without a stutter last night. Love how they blew Guy Pearce up right at the start.
mlbblitz Wrote:512mb video card should do you fine, well atleast that's what i run in my HTPC and ran Hurt locker in 1080p uncompressed goodness without a stutter last night. Love how they blew Guy Pearce up right at the start.
After reading some reviews on newegg, it seems the cards do not transfer the audio via HDMI?? Only the video. Is there a workaround or am I missing something?
Saphire ATI4350 does, just need the drivers but they are easy to find.
omg, this thread makes my head hurt...
Thanks and it's pretty cheap on Amazon!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help a newbie out!0