Logitech Di Novo Mini or Cideko Air Keyboard?
Hey Guys,

I need a good little remote keyboard which works well with XBMC and also can be used browsing the net etc on my HTPC

Please can you guys reccomend which one of the two are better with XBMC or are there any others you would reccomend?

Many Thanks..
I have the dinovo mini. Works well apart from one thing. The Up/down/left/right buttons are abit funky. Pressing down has an annoying habit of doing an enter, unless you press just a tad to the left of strait down. Seems to be a manufacture issue as i've seen similar reports. Otherwise it works great.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:I have the dinovo mini. Works well apart from one thing. The Up/down/left/right buttons are abit funky. Pressing down has an annoying habit of doing an enter, unless you press just a tad to the left of strait down. Seems to be a manufacture issue as i've seen similar reports. Otherwise it works great.

Yeah that annoys me with the dinovo too sometimes.

Also the build quality is not the greatest for such a relatively expensive piece of gear. I do love it though and would still recommend it.

Haven't used the Cideko so can't say anything about it.
I have Both. Cideko Air Keyboard is the one you wantSmile! but logitech looks betterTongue
I use an Keysonic 540BT bluetooth keyboard and I find it works very well. It's like a good quality laptop keyboard/mousepad. I use it with a Mac Mini, which has bluetooth built in, but bluetooth dongles are widely available.

JR
I also have the dinovo, my main complain is that in linux sometimes it disconnects itself and you have to remove the battery for it to connect again. It seems several people suffer this also...

In any case, I would buy it again even knowing that issue... Laugh

regards,
espengaasemyr Wrote:I have Both. Cideko Air Keyboard is the one you wantSmile! but logitech looks betterTongue

Are you using the Cideko Keyboard on Linux?
Another vote for the dinovo. I have been using it for quite a while and yes it is expensive but it works really well. Haven't seen or heard about anything that comes even close.
i have the mini - it's a bit meh. looks nice, but like someone else mentioned the down arrow is dodgy (a logitech rep confirmed in thier forums it was a design fault), and mine has an annoying habit of repeating the last keyboard press sometimes...

i've been toying with the idea of replacing it with one of these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sk...r.91142929
since it's so cheap.
or maybe the boxee box remote, but that might be a while...
Thanks for all your help guys.. I think I am going to steer clear from the Logitech as alot of people have been making bad comments about it..

I am leaning towards Cideko Air Keyboard .. What do you guys think? Or are there any other good keyboards (mini) that you would reccomend? Thanks
harry3001 Wrote:i have the mini - it's a bit meh. looks nice, but like someone else mentioned the down arrow is dodgy (a logitech rep confirmed in thier forums it was a design fault), and mine has an annoying habit of repeating the last keyboard press sometimes...

i've been toying with the idea of replacing it with one of these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sk...r.91142929
since it's so cheap.
or maybe the boxee box remote, but that might be a while...

I have this one & really like it, and use it with both XBMC & Boxee. Kind of hard to read in the dark, but hey that is what "lights" are for.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
christoofar Wrote:I have this one & really like it, and use it with both XBMC & Boxee. Kind of hard to read in the dark, but hey that is what "lights" are for.

Yeah. Also, don't expect to use it all the time, as it's not good for typing on (unless you are good at thumbtyping on a cellphone!). But it can certainly be decent for light use.

Also, the wireless signal can be a little flakey at times, though, overall I find it to work just fine.
damn, I'm loving my dinovo mini apart from that annoying d-pad bug but I never knew you could get these sexy lenovo keyboards without buying the whole system.

am now srsly thinking about it... hrrrmmmm
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
well, I just hate the long shipping times of dealextremes and that this lenovo thing is still not available in germany, but guess what: i received it today!

after a short test, the dinovo will end up in ebay. this lenovo keyboard just is better in nearly every way. it is way more responsive than the bluetooth logitech thing, the trackball works better in desktop use than the shitty trackball/dir pad combo, and all the keys are present that I actually need without the stupid Fn key combo from the logitech. kinda awesome!
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
There is a new german version of Cideko Air Keyboard.
It has german layout, and in the new Version with ESC Key.

Here you can see it in 360°
360° View

Ciao Sidekick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Di Novo Mini or Cideko Air Keyboard?0