Logitech Di Novo Mini or Cideko Air Keyboard?
Dinovo mini looks like the obvious choice if only the trackpad / keys were working right. In XBMC 95% of the keystrokes are the arrows and Dinovo has only 1 microswitch for all 4 + the enter key. It figures out which key you wanted from the trackpad which is not very reliable or precise in itself. Expect lots of errors depending on the side of your fingertips.

Mine failed after 13 month of normal use (4-5 times a week in the evenings). Some plastic clip failed under the right arrow and is not not registering the click most of the times. Build quality is very low for that money.

I'm now playing with a Rii which is 1/2 price, well built, ugly as hell but has a real trackpad that works really well. Illuminated keys with a useless red laser built in. Keys work and feel just as good as Dinovo if not better. Arrow keys do not compare, way better.
Di-Novo has similar characteristics in windows as well

Quote:I also have the dinovo, my main complain is that in linux sometimes it disconnects itself and you have to remove the battery for it to connect again. It seems several people suffer this also...

This is a clear bug and logitech has managed to sell this expensive keyboard and annoy lot of peope (me!) and they do not allow RMA.

When it works it is ok but I would look for something else
vskatusa Wrote:Di-Novo has similar characteristics in windows as well

This is a clear bug and logitech has managed to sell this expensive keyboard and annoy lot of peope (me!) and they do not allow RMA.

When it works it is ok but I would look for something else

I have fixed my connectivity issues with my Mini

If you hold the red button on the logitech dongle as you plug it in to the usb port it becomes a generic bluetooth dongle that will connect with any bluetooth device. If you then add the Dinovo mini through windows it seems to stop the random disconnects. Haven't had a disconnect in two months since I did this.
I have a Logitech Dinovo Mini as well as a Rii Mini Keyboard and though I like them both, they both miss the 'near-perfect' score for a few reasons.

As noted by others, the Dinovo has its disconnect issues and (more maddening) the very flaky response of the directional pad. One other thing that could use improvement are its media hotkeys. It's nice that it has them but they are not uniquely shaped or large enough to use conveniently. Add that to its absurdly exorbitant price and you have a nice try but it's frankly about time for a new version of the device.

The Rii is an improvement in most areas over the Dinovo, but its main flaw is the media hotkeys. They are also not spaced and/or shaped particularly well plus they require a function key to operate. Not ideal for a HTPC where you'll spend most of your time with play/pause, stop, etc. The other annoyance I have with the Rii is the poor movement of its touchpad. For some reason even with acceleration on it seems far too sluggish.

I would actually recommend both products (with caveats) but I'm still waiting for The Perfect Gadget :-)
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Di Novo Mini or Cideko Air Keyboard?0