Bluray Guide Help followed guide above
I Have an Acer Revo 3610 i have installed latest version of XBMC for windows and have followed the guide above for playing blu ray

[WINDOWS] HOW-TO play Blu-ray Disc with External Player and auto adjust refresh rates

now it works to the point that it opens the blu ray movie (Disc) in the External player it is just unbearably stuttery but when i play the movie in totalmedia theatre or powerdvd on its own plays fine tried playing around a little with the screeen resolutuions but bit unsure what i am doing with them my tv is a Sony 32" W4000 full 1080P also the 1080p rip of avatar as an mkv when playing on xbmc again is stuttering but fine on other players help please total frustration.Angry
You might need to enable the hardware acceleration. Try turning on debugging so you can see the CPU load when you're playing the mkv. If the CPU is high the playback isn't being accelerated.

To enable acceleration go into Settings, Video, Playback and tick Allow hardware acceleration.

JR
Thumbs Up 
i have looked and there is no option for me no i have added a few skins but reverted back to psm3 and confluence and the option still isnt there but upon enabling the debugging option and doing this the cpu does shoot up and so believe that you are right that this might be the issue
Snicholls Wrote:i have looked and there is no option for me no i have added a few skins but reverted back to psm3 and confluence and the option still isnt there but upon enabling the debugging option and doing this the cpu does shoot up and so believe that you are right that this might be the issue
The skin doesn't provide the dxva option - the build does. But turning on dxva as suggested in this context, wouldn't do anything anyway as the video is being played back by an external player.
steelman1991 Wrote:The skin doesn't provide the dxva option - the build does. But turning on dxva as suggested in this context, wouldn't do anything anyway as the video is being played back by an external player.

Ah yes, I thought "I Have an Acer Revo 3610 i have installed latest version of XBMC for windows" meant you had the latest build from mirrors.xbmc.org. If you've installed v9.11 then this doesn't support hardware accleration. Note also that you need Vista or Windows 7 for the hardware acceleration to work as Windows XP doesn't support DXVA2.

JR
Just to avoid confusion - I haven't downloaded anything LOL - I was merely offering an opinion on the advice offered to the OP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray Guide Help followed guide above0