Album cover screensaver
i think it'd be cool if whilst playing music you could have the album art as a screensaver and maybe with scrolling text of the track title etc. or a playlist.
i assume you mean full screen cover art? otherwise that functionality is already in there.
how do you mean, i was thinking of a full screen option with the cover art spinning around the screen.

could you explain what you mean, sorry i seem to have missed this completely.
when playing music, turning on visualizations is basically the screen saver. while in visualization mode, turning on the osd (on screen display) displays the album cover art of the currently playing track in the lower left hand corner of the screen. it also scrolls the id3 tag info (artist, title, track, duration). that's been in there since the birth of xbmc. that's why i was asking you to clarify exactly what you were looking for.
lol, i've never seen that before, and it is halfway there to what i mean.

can i auto turn on visulisations and have the album permanently on in the corner?
turn the osd timeout down to 0.

that way once it's up it'll stay up.

it's not saved when you reset xbmc, though, so first time you'll need to press white once.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah cool, so can i make the visuliations auto start after 2 minutes?
(jmarshall @ nov. 28 2004,07:49 Wrote:turn the osd timeout down to 0.

that way once it's up it'll stay up.

it's not saved when you reset xbmc, though, so first time you'll need to press white once.
jmarshall: i know we kinda beat this to death in other threads, but i don't remember if i asked this specific question before. i had asked for the album art to stay up permanently and save the state so that you don't have to press the white button every time you launch xbmc. would it be possible to simply add a toggle switch under settings -> my music to permanently display cover art? that way there wouldn't have to be anything special coded as far as being able to save the state. a simple "enable permanent osd" would be a great feature. of course it sounds simple to me...so i'm just wondering if that's feasible.
hehe - you don't ask me questions like that.

i am the most anti-options dev that we have. it's possible to do this within the current framework i think - xbmc should simply be smart and remember more. no need for an option.

it will be done. we're all just very busy atm.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

cool, no rush, thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album cover screensaver0