ATV(osx); no audio after playing specific file
No devs with atv(osx) running audio over HDMI have been able to reproduce this issue. Until we can reproduce it, we can't fix it and changing random coreaudio code is a futile effort.
So I did clean install of ATV from beginning. Now running latest SVN 31938. I'm able to play all mp3, ac3 audio tracks through HDMI audio settings. I'm not able to play DTS since my TV is not capable of doing that. On analog settings I'm able to hear through HDMI only mp3 (AVI container).
If I do remember correctly in SVN28256 I was running audio settings not through digital but through analog and all audio was working (including DTS). And here is I guess the problem. 28256 was probably sending through analog all audio to HDMI, but in 31938 analog is not doing that.
Can someone who does have 28256 build confirm it?
Davilla is it make any sense or am I completely out Smile
I'm having exactly the same problem, I recently upgraded my TV from an older LCD that used component to an full HD plasma. I am connecting my ATV to my TV using an HDMI cable, not using a receiver.

I've completely re-installed everything from a factory restore and it does not help. Seems to do it with any .mkv file.

Here is my log:
http://xbmc.pastebin.com/Fv2f4rFS

Cheers,

g
some more info..

i managed to get mine working by selecting HDMI in audio, also select the boost option and AC3 compatible receiver. doing this you are not able to use your atv remote for volume, you have to instead use your tv remote.
g00s3m4n Wrote:some more info..

i managed to get mine working by selecting HDMI in audio, also select the boost option and AC3 compatible receiver. doing this you are not able to use your atv remote for volume, you have to instead use your tv remote.

And do you have the audio on files with DTS sound (most of the new mkv files)?
schimanski Wrote:And do you have the audio on files with DTS sound (most of the new mkv files)?

yes, it all works again.
curlyjs Wrote:I'm running r31495. When I play a specific file, I've got no sound during playback and after no sound in the xbmc menu (small click when you change menus). If I exit and go back to apple menu, I still got no sound. However if I play a youtube video the sound comes back up, and I've got sound again in the menus.

I've just come across the exact same issue. ATV connected to TV via component cables and to amp via optical. I can play AVIs without any problem. As soon as I try to play a MKV the audio drops out and YouTube is the only way to get it back.

I am running last night's Dharma build and will try to get some log files tonight. It was all working fine up till yesterday when I had to do a restore.
Ok, here are the logs....

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.org/444602
console.log: http://pastebin.org/444611
mediainfo: http://pastebin.org/444613

Just to recap on my 2 issues:
1. Jitter/slow playback on 720p video. By this I mean the motion is not smooth and stutters.
2. When a MKV is played, I loose all sound and have to either reboot or play YouTube to get back.
Any news on this?

aTV connected to TV via HDMI and 8/10 movies kills sound and I have to reboot my aTV unit.
curlyjs Wrote:Switching to component cable did solve my problem... I'll stick with that for the moment.

If someone wants me to investigate further more, I can switch back.

After encountering this problem one too many times, I tried switching to component cables but the ATV seems to use 480-line resolution even though my LG is 1080 capable.

I don't seem to be able to figure out where I might change the settings for this and any help will be greatly appreciated.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
I have been struggling with, what I think is, the above problem for quite sometime. All AC3 encoded Divx files played back within XBMC would knock out all audio to TV via HDMI (no receiver in the equation).

I finally worked out that switching Dolby Digital Out to OFF in the ATV Audio & Video Settings and disabling the AC3 Passthrough on the ATV Maintenance menu fixed my particular issue and I now can play AC3 encoded Divx movies through TV as a stereo signal.

Don't know whether that simple fix is relevant to any of the other issues outlined in this thread....but I sure wish someone had suggested to me.
justjacker Wrote:I have been struggling with, what I think is, the above problem for quite sometime. All AC3 encoded Divx files played back within XBMC would knock out all audio to TV via HDMI (no receiver in the equation).

I finally worked out that switching Dolby Digital Out to OFF in the ATV Audio & Video Settings and disabling the AC3 Passthrough on the ATV Maintenance menu fixed my particular issue and I now can play AC3 encoded Divx movies through TV as a stereo signal.

Don't know whether that simple fix is relevant to any of the other issues outlined in this thread....but I sure wish someone had suggested to me.

I found the first one under Frontrow's Settings->Audio & Video but could not find the second one. Is that because I'm still on OSX 2.4?
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
justjacker Wrote:I finally worked out that switching Dolby Digital Out to OFF in the ATV Audio & Video Settings and disabling the AC3 Passthrough on the ATV Maintenance menu fixed my particular issue and I now can play AC3 encoded Divx movies through TV as a stereo signal.

Thank you.

On 3.02 too, having updated in an attempt to resolve the issue.
Has anyone figured this out? I too am having this problem after upgrading last night.
Just want to keep this thread alive. still having the exact same issue on a clean install on 3.0.2. I also have no idea where this apple tv maintenance menu is in order to disable the AC3 passthrough. Any help would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV(osx); no audio after playing specific file0