Asus eee Keyboard
Lightbulb 
seems this thing is *finally* available, and even if the slow hardware and customized XP seem to suck, I was thinking about what could be done with this thing if you install and customize it with XBMC live!

sure, it's only the N270 single core atom with intel integrated graphics, but from reading some reviews it seems this bugger also features some sort of broadcom accelerator. I couldn't find out if it's the crystal HD but it is supposed to accelerate 720p, that's a start.
what else: wlan B/G/N, integrated flash memory (no HDD), and an asus wireless HDMI connector. pair this with the integrated small touchscreen which would make an awesome remote GUI and of course the full-size chiclet keyboard which could make the whole system even usable as a surf station and for productivity, provided you start firefox, open office and such directly inside of XBMC.

call me crazy, this thing is 2008 hardware with badly executed software at a horrendous price, but it could actually make a kinda awesome XBMC system Nerd

somebody in for a try? Cool

edit: Full specs

Operating System: Windows XP Home
Display: 5", 800x480 Multi-touch Panel
CPU: Intel Atom N270
Chipset: 945GSE / ICH7-M
Default Memory: DDR2 1GB on-board memory
Hybrid Storage: 16GB/32GB SSD
Wireless Video Transfer: Ultra-wideband Technology
Wireless Data Network: 802.11b/g/n @2.4GHz
LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps
Bluetooth: V2.1
Battery Life: Internal battery (up to 4 hr)**
Video decoder: Broadcom 70010/70012 Solution (the 70012 could do 1080p decoding)
Speaker: Speaker x2
Built-in Mic: Single Mic
Interface (Rear IO Port):
USB 2.0 x 3
HDMI out x 1
VGA x 1
Antenna (WAN + Ultra-wideband) x 1
Giga Lan RJ-45 x 1
Headphone-out jack x 1
MIC x 1
Receiver Interface: HDMI out x 1
Power Supply:
12Vdc, 3A, 36W EeeKeyboard PC Power Adaptor
5Vdc, 2.4A, 12W Ultra-wideband Power Adaptor
Dimension(mm):
145mm(L) x 425mm(H) x (10mm front ~ 24.4mm back)(H)
Weight: 1.1 kg (2.4 lb)
Color: Sliver
Accessories:
Ultra-wideband Receiver (with Adapter)
Quick Start Guide
User Manual
Warranty Card
Recovery/Support DVD
Power Adapter (36W)
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes the Hun -
I realize I am almost a year late, but I just found your thread on the Eee Keyboard pc.

I had the same idea and was looking for forums with users who have tried to mod this thing.

Did you ever pick one up? Did you try installing XBMC? Do you know if the Broadcom HD accelerator will work to make 1080p?
Any news on this?

Anyone get XBMC installed on it?
i dunno, but would like to know lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus eee Keyboard0